Roos

Eley1508

17 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I do wonder what is being coached into them. When you see technical deficiencies you have to wonder, but true you can only do so much coaching.

In that case either the coach goes or the goalkeepers go ?‍♂️...  tbh I’m not convinced with either choice!!! ... I think a clear out across the goalkeeping department may be called for??

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Hamer had a decent game against Millwall but he’s always been pretty average for a championship keeper.

FWIW I think Roos is the more talented of the two, he won the job off Carson fair and square at the end of last season. He was very decent, particularly Bristol City away which was a huge game where he was peppered with shots for the majority. The Wembley mistake was awful but the reaction was worse.

So many fans had already written him off before this season started and the atmosphere around him was horrible. Was honestly ashamed of the jeers he was getting from day one, that sort of behaviour encapsulates the worst of our fanbase. It’s honestly like some fans just want us to be poo.

Roos deserves another shot and not having any fans in the ground will help. Roos will be desperate to get out there and prove himself again, I’m hoping he could finish out the season. He’ll be here next season and will hopefully compete with whoever we bring in. Call me a mug all you want but I believe in Roos.

How you think hamer had a decent game against millwall, is beyond me he never looks like he's going to get the ball on crosses and ino he probably been told to pass it out but millwall know what we we're doing and he was putting us in massive danger! Absolutely shocking goal keeping he needs to take more control! 

9 hours ago, Jourdan said:

I prefer Roos to Hamer but I would rather see a settled back four and a goalkeeper for the run-in.

Hamer should keep his place. Everyone is capable of making mistakes. We win as a team and we lose as a team.

He makes alot of mistakes tho its every game, fair enough if it's every now and again but it's litually every game it's killing our goal difference we would of won 3 or 4-0 yesterday if it wasnt for that mistake and our goal difference would be looking more healthy for us! 

Hamer is a championship back up keeper. I'd be happy to keep him next year to fill that role. He isn't good enough to be a no. 1 but does command his box better than Roos.

I don't want to see Roos anywhere near our team. His strength is his shot stopping which shows on the chart that someone posted but he is awful in the air and his defenders don't trust him so he has no command of his box. He also seems to insist on playing short balls to defenders rather than playing percentages which means it has to go long at certain times. I remember him doing it against Northampton at home and if they were a championship team we'd have conceded a few more.

1 hour ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

He makes alot of mistakes tho its every game, fair enough if it's every now and again but it's litually every game it's killing our goal difference we would of won 3 or 4-0 yesterday if it wasnt for that mistake and our goal difference would be looking more healthy for us! 

Not sure how a Hamer mistake stopped us scoring two goals

1 hour ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Because the game completely turned on its head we were still in control and when they scored the game turned! And put us under pressure

I think there was plenty of pressure before that and plenty of shakey defending too. If anything the Hamer mistake should have meant we scored more goals as Reading pushed forward for an equaliser. 

1 minute ago, Taribo said:

I think there was plenty of pressure before that and plenty of shakey defending too. If anything the Hamer mistake should have meant we scored more goals as Reading pushed forward for an equaliser. 

We were sloppy in the second half at points but before Hamer's gaffe we were a threat (think Wazza's free kick and the missed one two where Sibley should have played in Bird).  After we conceded we offered very little in terms of goal threat.

On 27/06/2020 at 21:05, Dcfcsr92 said:

Don't see how he's better then roos he's about equal on everything apart from shot stopping and roos is better at that! The only time roos makes mistakes is trying to command his area and he only did that cos people started to get o. His back! 

Kinda key though isn’t it .. commanding your area and all that 

neither are good

end of sadly 

10 hours ago, Taribo said:

Not really because they would of been pushing anyway to score and yes abit of pressure not as much as after there goal went in, there goal made them totally in control and force cocu to try and change something 

9 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Kinda key though isn’t it .. commanding your area and all that 

neither are good

end of sadly 

Yes i agree I'm not saying that, I'm just saying roos and Hamer are equal on about everything but roos is a better shot stopper so that's why I think roos should be in goal. They both crap at commanding and this is why we need a new keeper! How people say they don't want hart as he not a footballing keeper is beyond me i prefer to get a keeper who can do the basics first and sort out us defensively 

Roos is a fair keeper.  He’s not the best we’ll ever have but he’s reliable as a second choice keeper.  Possibly a bit better than to be afforded a couple of games a season.

I think we do need a decent signing in goal, however if we disposed of both him and Hamer, it’s a big hole to fill, with any new signing being a potential gamble. (What happens if we get rid and bought in a “Taibi” - our season is done before it started)

Imagine if we had a keeper who made a mistake like this in the playoffs (which this game was).

He’d be hounded out of the club.

https://streamable.com/4hzs5c

On 28/06/2020 at 09:54, baiano27 said:

He also seems to insist on playing short balls to defenders rather than playing percentages which means it has to go long at certain times. I remember him doing it against Northampton at home and if they were a championship team we'd have conceded a few more.

That's Cocu, not Roos. If Nigel Pearson was our manager, Roos would be punting it up to Waghorn all day long.

Archived