v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Matchday Thread

Sean

5 hours ago, Archied said:

Was going to reply but thought better of it , will send copy of post to the club as it’s very very clear cocu is in desperate need of your help and expertise , I’m guessing he doesn’t know for certain what would the outcome be had he not made the sub unlike yourself ?

Haven’t you got anything better to do than repeatedly try and bait a poster,

More boring than a weevil. 

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was out all Saturday so found it hard to follow, but pleasantly surprised by the result and the performance. It's another sign of progression and the trend is extremely promising. I'm just interested in seeing how we can finish the season, but we certainly look a different animal from what we saw earlier in the season. 

8 hours ago, chadlad said:

No need for all of this.

Just accept that different people often have different opinions. 

You shouldn't be on the forum if you have a problem with it.

Where have I said close the forum ? Stop people expressing opinion? 
done pretty much what the forum is for ,read some proper guff opinion and stated my opinion on said guff 

8 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

I said close the forum down because of your post crying that I couldn’t have an opinion because I’m not a football manager?. Jesus wept man, this place sometimes honestly?.

I don’t expect you to value my opinion more than Cocus, where have I Said that? There’s a reason why he’s a pro football manager and I’m not - because he’ll get far more decisions right than I would in his place. That’s fact and I don’t dispute it. That doesn’t mean he’s ALWAYS right though and us fans are ALWAYS wrong.  FWIW I know quite a number of people involved in football at the highest level, both managers and otherwise. I’ve had some very interesting conversations about what it’s like making the big decisions both on and off the pitch, so believe me I understand how difficult it is sometimes, and I don’t for a second think Cocu has it easy.

I don’t expect you or anyone to agree with my opinion, I’ve literally never said that. Disagree all you want, but don’t expect me to not respond and defend my opinion when you do. You literally just insinuated a couple of posts back that I can’t have an opinion because I’m not Cocu?

Grow up , you’ve had your opinion disagreed with strongly and your credentials to claim being so right laughed at so you cry close the forum ,,YOU NOT ME 

now your trying to big it up with friend at high level that make your insight / opinion more valuable ?,

it’s opinion and there to be shot at ,I’ve got a mate that’s in the Royal Marines band ,,don’t mean I can play the tuba 

5 hours ago, Ram8 said:

I’m SO reluctant to say ‘Told You So’ about Chris Martin.

But .. TOLD YOU SO, MANY MANY TIMES !! 

I could say that about Waggy the 12 times this season too - but I’m not here for point scoring.

The only point scoring that matters to me is when Derby get 3 of them, no matter who scores or plays. That gets my support rather than cheap internet e-points.

16 hours ago, Archied said:

How many managers get sacked each year because knee jerk want it all now know better fans make their jobs a nightmare , that same 11 that started against weds could easily lose the next 3 game’s narrowly then what ? 
ps when Shinnie first came in yes he did change the play ,the performance and results for the good 

god save us from hindsight amateur managers 

I rest my case!

6 hours ago, Archied said:

Grow up , you’ve had your opinion disagreed with strongly and your credentials to claim being so right laughed at so you cry close the forum ,,YOU NOT ME 

now your trying to big it up with friend at high level that make your insight / opinion more valuable ?,

it’s opinion and there to be shot at ,I’ve got a mate that’s in the Royal Marines band ,,don’t mean I can play the tuba 

Mate I’d really stop if I were you, this is getting embarrassing now...

I haven’t had my opinion disagreed with strongly, I’ve been told I’ve got no right to an opinion because Cocu is the manager and I’m not, which isn’t the point of this forum. If you want to disagree and reason with me why you do then I’ve no problem with that, as I’ve said a million times I really don’t mind if people think I’m talking crap - I very often am! I just don’t appreciate it when someone tells me my opinion is invalid simply because I’m a fan.

Ive not tried to claim my opinion is more valuable at all, if you read my post. I’m saying I understand how difficult being a football manager is, which is why I think Cocu is doing an excellent job as I’ve repeatedly said. Doesn’t mean he’s always right though, and I don’t think he was with that sub, thats all. His starting 11 was spot on on the other hand, which is why we won the game. You really don’t seem to be able to grasp my posts or even your own, so I’d really stop while you’re ahead. 

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT, FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS SEASON IN THE FIRST HALF, WE ACTUALLY PRESSED A TEAM HIGH UP THE PITCH AND FORCED THEM IN TO MISTAKES!!! RATHER THAN SITTING IN AND INVITING PRESSURE!!! 

Cocu IS LEARNING WOOOOO

1 hour ago, JoeDerby said:

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT, FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS SEASON IN THE FIRST HALF, WE ACTUALLY PRESSED A TEAM HIGH UP THE PITCH AND FORCED THEM IN TO MISTAKES!!! RATHER THAN SITTING IN AND INVITING PRESSURE!!! 

Cocu IS LEARNING WOOOOO

We will only know if it happens again! 

6 minutes ago, DRBee said:

We will only know if it happens again! 

I think pressing aggressively at the right times works wonders in this league. Especially against more possession based teams. Sitting in and inviting pressure against the likes of Brentford and Fulham is absolutely criminal. Both of which we tried to do away from home and struggled massively. 

Got to learn from his mistakes, he's openly said he doesn't want to change the way we approach games and he wants to play his style in every game which is admirable BUT this has got to be tweaked to play certain opposition, surely. When you get the press right it can be devastating, as we saw in the first half on Saturday. 

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Mate I’d really stop if I were you, this is getting embarrassing now...

I haven’t had my opinion disagreed with strongly, I’ve been told I’ve got no right to an opinion because Cocu is the manager and I’m not, which isn’t the point of this forum. If you want to disagree and reason with me why you do then I’ve no problem with that, as I’ve said a million times I really don’t mind if people think I’m talking crap - I very often am! I just don’t appreciate it when someone tells me my opinion is invalid simply because I’m a fan.

Ive not tried to claim my opinion is more valuable at all, if you read my post. I’m saying I understand how difficult being a football manager is, which is why I think Cocu is doing an excellent job as I’ve repeatedly said. Doesn’t mean he’s always right though, and I don’t think he was with that sub, thats all. His starting 11 was spot on on the other hand, which is why we won the game. You really don’t seem to be able to grasp my posts or even your own, so I’d really stop while you’re ahead. 

Your opinion is valid as are all ,I think your talking crap

good to know you think I’m ahead,

2 hours ago, JoeDerby said:

Cocu IS LEARNING WOOOOO

Perhaps the players learning too?

28 minutes ago, JoeDerby said:

I think pressing aggressively at the right times works wonders in this league. Especially against more possession based teams. Sitting in and inviting pressure against the likes of Brentford and Fulham is absolutely criminal. Both of which we tried to do away from home and struggled massively. 

Got to learn from his mistakes, he's openly said he doesn't want to change the way we approach games and he wants to play his style in every game which is admirable BUT this has got to be tweaked to play certain opposition, surely. When you get the press right it can be devastating, as we saw in the first half on Saturday. 

You do realise that it’s a balance and playing out from the back is intended to draw teams on to you with a press so you can beat the press ,play round them and open them up ? The crux is who’s better on the day ,the team pressing or the team trying to do the drawing out,

the big difference for me lately is our movement off the ball is returning to the Mac 1 days standard , players creating little triangles all over the pitch and we are starting to make better decisions at a faster pace

1 minute ago, Archied said:

You do realise that it’s a balance and playing out from the back is intended to draw teams on to you with a press so you can beat the press ,play round them and open them up ? The crux is who’s better on the day ,the team pressing or the team trying to do the drawing out

Absolutely, this is why it has to be done aggressively, at the right times. Against good possession based teams, you get your best opportunities pinching the ball higher up the pitch. When you let them have the ball for long periods, it comes near on impossible to get out and make your own chances, as we've seen in nearly all of our away games before Christmas.

3 minutes ago, JoeDerby said:

Absolutely, this is why it has to be done aggressively, at the right times. Against good possession based teams, you get your best opportunities pinching the ball higher up the pitch. When you let them have the ball for long periods, it comes near on impossible to get out and make your own chances, as we've seen in nearly all of our away games before Christmas.

Problem is, we don't have the squad to press very high. We are painfully slow pretty much across the board. Makes a press really difficult to execute to any great level.

Archived