v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Matchday Thread

Sean

10 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Excellent win!

Sorry I am late arriving. I took an unintentional nap before kick off and missed all of the fun.

Massive credit to Cocu and the boys. It was great to see such a positive and brave line up when the team news came through and especially pleasing to see Cocu revert back a line up that had shown some obvious promise in the win v Stoke.

Given the first half performance and the overall result, I hope he now sees that the team that started should be the one to use moving forward and he gives it several games to develop further.

Something is brewing!

Been reading your own posts again? ? 

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Chris Martin yet again proving just how much he brings to this team.

I really hope we can find a way to increase his game time, because when he is in the team, what a difference it makes.

Such composure and intelligence! Surely he’s done enough to earn a new contract?

Cocu needs to be brave enough to select him. Good to see a positive attacking line up  - very different from last Tuesday. Who says the manager can't affect things ?

On 28/02/2020 at 18:06, Ruda Harliss said:

Despite  the horrendous weather forecast, our away form and the nightmare Tram, I’m really looking forward to this.

The Sun will shine, a 1-3 win and a taxi back to the Station Tap and I’ll be a happy Ram.

To be fair, two out of three will suffice.

?

Well the sun was shining and we won 1-3

the tram was a pleasure. 

Great first half performance against a poor Wednesday side. Some really confident passing and movement and goals to go with it. 

Credit to Wednesday for a more spirited second half but we were largely comfortable and they were wasteful in their half chances. Learn how to keep the ball for three or four passes when we’re under the cosh instead of looking for a killer long ball will improve us no end. 

Im enjoying Cocu ball. UTR

I’m not having this poor Wednesday side stuff and I’ll tell you why, I thought QPR were poor on Tuesday night but we didn’t have enough energy or enough effort to put them in their place, I honestly believe we are better than them.

Today though we contributed to Wednesday’s downfall, big time. If Martin doesn’t start the next game I will be staggered.

Love some of the comments on here. For every game you are 3-0 up at half time and you simply go on and win 4 or 5 at a canter there are games where you let them back into it straight after half time and you have a rotherham on your hands.

The game was won at half time, it could only be lost in the second half metaphorically speaking.

Great result, great football and a few green shoots.

I don't see the point of glass half empty.

31 minutes ago, Archied said:

Positive post, the point I would pick you up on is it’s clear from interviews and watching that cocu really is working on drilling a squad that can seamlessly interchange ,players that can play in different positions and adapt to the style of play( it’s the Dutch way),it takes longer and more hard work but long term it is the way to go as the games are relentless in the championship and ask yourself how many times have we been scuppered over the last few years by a key injury to a vital player at the wrong time and fallen apart ? 
I’ve watched closely for a few games to see how much of our upturn is the Rooney effect and you know what ,it’s far more than that , Rooney is a good cog in a developing squad of players that are looking better and better drilled as the weeks go by

But for a team in the Championship, surely that is overcomplicating things? It’s not as if we are fighting on three or four fronts.

Yes, the Championship presents a difficult schedule, but usually it’s a case of finding something that works well and letting continuity take hold and leaving it to the other 23 teams to figure out the puzzle.

I don’t remember many top teams in this division having such a heavy rotation policy. Most teams find their best XI and stick with it, and make minor changes here and there.

I understand Cocu has his vision and his methods, but surely days like today show that he has to compromise and let things meet somewhere in the middle.

19 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

But for a team in the Championship, surely that is overcomplicating things? It’s not as if we are fighting on three or four fronts.

Yes, the Championship presents a difficult schedule, but usually it’s a case of finding something that works well and letting continuity take hold and leaving it to the other 23 teams to figure out the puzzle.

I don’t remember many top teams in this division having such a heavy rotation policy. Most teams find their best XI and stick with it, and make minor changes here and there.

I understand Cocu has his vision and his methods, but surely days like today show that he has to compromise and let things meet somewhere in the middle.

Teams which don’t roster players tend to be those with older/experienced squads. We have a squad of youthful players, players approaching the end of their careers, and others who can’t handle 3 games in a week. It’s no surprise we have to rotate the squad at this point. 

Fantastic result 

that first half was excellent, almost another level to anything that we’ve seen on road especially this year 

I’m not sure where that first half cane from as to a man they were outstanding 

Controlled, precise , creative, concentrating, energetic it was like watching a boxer with his victim on the ropes just showboating and picking him off at will.

second half Wednesday went for it, we got rattled and all that good composer and calmness went out of the window 

we got cheap with the ball and looked a little ragged tbh, iorfa took control of Martin and we had to slug it out ... which we did which tbf is another side of the game Derby haven’t displayed enough of this year on the road .. but they did and they got it done 

thank god lol 

Archived