v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Matchday Thread

Sean

Just now, jimbo jones said:

If your not there next week and we lose....

Well I wont be haha.

Spending a weekend with the inlaws extended family in the middle of nowhere is a once a year experience at the most.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, clough08 said:

Great result. Cocu did right to bring on Davies as they were st

Yep , they came out with nothing to loose and probably a massive ballocking,they were gonna be direct and loads of diagonals then crosses into the box ,exactly what we struggle against ,the sub gives us Clarke Davies wisdom and fozzy to stand up to the throw it in the mixer aerial assault but hey tonight’s forum showing by some makes very clear they are anti cocu no matter what and it’s wasted energy debating anything with some

Excellent win!

Sorry I am late arriving. I took an unintentional nap before kick off and missed all of the fun.

Massive credit to Cocu and the boys. It was great to see such a positive and brave line up when the team news came through and especially pleasing to see Cocu revert back a line up that had shown some obvious promise in the win v Stoke.

Given the first half performance and the overall result, I hope he now sees that the team that started should be the one to use moving forward and he gives it several games to develop further.

Something is brewing!

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

He is the most intelligent striker we have.

If we could somehow combine Waghorn's work ethic and physicality with Martin's intelligence and technique we'd have the best striker in the division.

How much would he be worth if he had a turn of pace ? We couldn’t afford him if he had 

6 minutes ago, Archied said:

How much would he be worth if he had a turn of pace ? We couldn’t afford him if he had 

If Chris Martin had a bit of pace and didn't have the illness that debilitated him so much in the past, he would have spent his entire career in the PL.

Chris Martin yet again proving just how much he brings to this team.

I really hope we can find a way to increase his game time, because when he is in the team, what a difference it makes.

Such composure and intelligence! Surely he’s done enough to earn a new contract?

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

Excellent win!

Sorry I am late arriving. I took an unintentional nap before kick off and missed all of the fun.

Massive credit to Cocu and the boys. It was great to see such a positive and brave line up when the team news came through and especially pleasing to see Cocu revert back a line up that had shown some obvious promise in the win v Stoke.

Given the first half performance and the overall result, I hope he now sees that the team that started should be the one to use moving forward and he gives it several games to develop further.

Something is brewing!

Positive post, the point I would pick you up on is it’s clear from interviews and watching that cocu really is working on drilling a squad that can seamlessly interchange ,players that can play in different positions and adapt to the style of play( it’s the Dutch way),it takes longer and more hard work but long term it is the way to go as the games are relentless in the championship and ask yourself how many times have we been scuppered over the last few years by a key injury to a vital player at the wrong time and fallen apart ? 
I’ve watched closely for a few games to see how much of our upturn is the Rooney effect and you know what ,it’s far more than that , Rooney is a good cog in a developing squad of players that are looking better and better drilled as the weeks go by

Archived