v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Matchday Thread

Sean

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Are you at the game? We were absolutely destroying Wednesday before the sub, since it the balls soent most the time in our box

I'm watching it. He's reacting to Wednesday changing shape. Any team that was 3-0 down at half time and booed off the pitch is going to throw the kitchen sink at you in the second half. It would be tactically naive to keep the same positive mentality we started with when they're starting to overload in attack.

No doubt if we'd have buckled and conceded 3 by now you'd be calling him tactically inept and lambasting his decision not to bring on a defender sooner.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

I'm watching it. He's reacting to Wednesday changing shape. Any team that was 3-0 down at half time and booed off the pitch is going to throw the kitchen sink at you in the second half. It would be tactically naive to keep the same positive mentality we started with when they're starting to overload in attack.

No doubt if we'd have buckled and conceded 3 by now you'd be calling him tactically inept and lambasting his decision not to bring on a defender sooner.

No I wouldn’t, I’d never criticise a manager for being attacking. I’d slaughter the defence. Defensive tactics infuriate me, that’s all.

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

No I wouldn’t, I’d never criticise a manager for being attacking. I’d slaughter the defence. Defensive tactics infuriate me, that’s all.

football is about tactics, attacking or defensive, just because you don't like it doesn't make his changes horrendous.

Good win. Great first half, but that substitution killed us. 
we lost control and conceded the initiative. 

Not sure we had a shot after that. 

I would like us to have shown more faith in the eleven players who started.

2 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

No. A balanced side is just that, balanced. No need for subs just let the starting 11 adapt. Central mid can drop a little deeper if needs be. We so need a settled side for a while. Change wasn’t needed, we scored 3 first half and could have scored 5. Stick with the same team and we would have scored at least a couple more this half. As a squad and including the manager, we are not good enough to keep changing players and systems. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it 

Just now, RamNut said:

Good win. Great first half, but that substitution killed us. 
we lost control and conceded the initiative. 

Not sure we had a shot after that. 

I would like us to have shown more faith in the eleven players who started.

When Cocu waits until the 75th minute to make a sub he is too passive according to some fans, now he has done it earlier he's got no faith in the 11 that started. 

Which is it?

Archived