v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Matchday Thread

Sean

Saturday 29th February 2020 - 15:00 GMT

Thought I'd take up the chance to make this thread (my first time, be gentle)

Luckily we have another away game to lift the spirits, this time at Hillsborough. Can we get a much needed confidence boost before the big game under the lights at Pride Park next week?

You know what, I think we can.

Because, we're going to win this one. Quote me, screenshot me, @ me.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

This’ll be my first away game since Bristol last season. Are there any decent away pubs near the ground, or is it best going to ones closer to the train station?

Best to avoid the area around Hillsborough for as long as possible. It's a bit of a dump. I'd go to the pubs in the city centre.

The point deduction Derby at Chansiri's Tuna Palace Stadium. 

We're not at home, so we'll lose but at least the losses are becoming more palatable. 2-1 Wednesday. This could actually be an unbeknowing relegation six pointer between two teams on the same points, likely to receive the same point deduction.  

At the start of the season i said to my grandson that our philosophy would be home games are for serious football and the away games would just be good days out having some or many pints of porter and a meal for him and some cokes .

Thank goodness we have stuck to that or he would have become a coca cola aholic .

My team for Sheffield Wednesday 

We need to get 2 upfront and the 2 inform players for that at the moment are Lawrence and Waghorn.

Defence we are all over the place I think we  need to go 3 at the back

Roos

Wisdom  Clarke. Evans 

Bogle Holmes Bird Rooney Lowe

Lawrence   Waghorn 

If Holmes and Evans not fit replace with Forsyth and Knight 

Holmes making runs from midfield  and Bogle and Lowe bombing down the wings.

We need to try something different.?

5 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Time to increase the focus on next season. Hamer, Forsyth and Davies out of the squad.

Roos
Bogle  Wisdom  Clarke  Lowe
Shinnie  Bird
Knight  Rooney  Lawrence
Waghorn

Subs: Ravas, Malone, Evans, Sibley, Whittaker, Marriott, Martin

I fully agree with your thought about next season. I'd be bit more aggressive with changes thou, Rooney would take Shinnie's place and Sibley would take the number 10. Also, I'd favour Ravas just to check how he perfors and reacts under pressure. I don't think Roos is long term solution so why not? 

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

I fully agree with your thought about next season. I'd be bit more aggressive with changes thou, Rooney would take Shinnie's place and Sibley would take the number 10. Also, I'd favour Ravas just to check how he perfors and reacts under pressure. I don't think Roos is long term solution so why not? 

Sibley hasn't adjusted to men's football yet - possibly nerves? Ease him into wit ha few sub apps, before giving him his first league start.

Roos

Bogle Wisdom Clarke Lowe

Bird    Rooney

Waggy Knight Lawerence 

Marriott 

That defensive midfield two should never be changed.

Marriott to stretch the game and knight to provide kegs in and around him.

Rooney and Marriott means away from home they can’t pen us in our own half as we have Rooney to send Marriott in behind.

Could move Lawerence to number 10 and use Knight as a defensive winger

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Sibley hasn't adjusted to men's football yet - possibly nerves? Ease him into wit ha few sub apps, before giving him his first league start.

I'd be happy as long as he would be eased into a team during the end of the season rather than next. Would make sense to start the learning curve now.

Wednesday haven't even scored a goal at home since the 29th of December and they've played 432 minutes of football at home since then, so we might just about have a chance in this one. Either that or Derby end another team's run of bad form again.

13 minutes ago, JfR said:

Wednesday haven't even scored a goal at home since the 29th of December and they've played 432 minutes of football at home since then, so we might just about have a chance in this one. Either that or Derby end another team's run of bad form again.

We know exactly what that means! We are an oppositions dream in that way! Lets hope it changes though, I'd love an absolute hammering of them, to end the season on a high would be great, nows the time to start. 

19 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

This’ll be my first away game since Bristol last season. Are there any decent away pubs near the ground, or is it best going to ones closer to the train station?

No need to go any further than Platform 1 at Sheffield Station, The Tap.

Looking forward to great day again in Sheffield

up on train nice and early for breakfast then few drinks in Howard,Tap,etc then tram up to Hillsborough for a Derby win

good following from Derby again over 2500 sold,not bad for a mid table team.

team doing okay but our loyal fans are just the best.Love away days watching the ?

Archived