Worst officials this season wander why

B4ev6is

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Carnero said:

I know but it's rare the ref doesn't let the corner be played out, regardless of time being up.

Rare, but it's Derby, we're fair game at the moment.

no mate we at Derby are just paranoid,it happens on a regular basis it's just worse when it's your own team

11 hours ago, Carnero said:

I know but it's rare the ref doesn't let the corner be played out, regardless of time being up.

Rare, but it's Derby, we're fair game at the moment.

It is weird to me that you don't have to wait for the ball to be in play to end a half. Even though the vast majority of refs do anyway, it seems logical to me for it to be a rule; outside of exceptions like someone needing 10 minutes of treatment with 15 seconds of stoppage time remaining. 

16 hours ago, angieram said:

On the foul on the defender I think Waghorn must have trod on his foot, although I would guess it was accidental. The referee definitely didn't see it, but whatever their players said convinced him he was telling the truth.

However from our viewpoint on the second row right above the other incidents, we agreed with @B4ev6is that there was a foul on Waghorn soon after and the goalie did handle outside the area. 

The chance when Waghorn got through late on the defender had his arms wrapped round him, but you don't get those sort of penalties very often. 

As I don't have Ramstv and they never show anything controversial on the highlights I don't know if I'm right or wrong. Like b4, I am a bit biased in Derby's favour but my hubby is usually spot on and he agreed with me on all the above.

@rammieib just because some decisions went our way in other matches, doesn't mean we can't comment on ones we think didn't go our way in this one. I feel on balance, we've had rather more of those this season, unfortunately. 

• It looked more like a stamp than an accidental stepping on
  • It would have been a very soft penalty
  • It was a very obvious foul on Waghorn out on the wing
  • I don't recall any of the camera picking up on the handball incident. I didn't notice it at the time and neither did the commentators.

The one thing that really annoyed me about the other day was when we had the ball and they Hand balled it and we still had possession so the ref played advantage with both his arms clearly out. Then qpr win the ball back and counter might have been for a goal can’t remember. But he didn’t stop play and it really peeped me off 

6 hours ago, rammieib said:

Why don't Sky like us B4? What's your reasoning behind this comment?

Because part of it 

Is because mel stood upto them saying premership clubs get more money than champershio clubs do.

Also like last season sky got bradly johnson suspened for 10 games making out Bradley johnson bite the player when he just got the shirt

Also sky reported our ex manager frank lampard until they broke the news he would have stoped here and same thing with steve maclean when his head got turned by newcastle they cant stand it when Derby are doing well.

Although many think I am somewhat biased against refs in general, I think you may be over reacting a little, although I fully understand why! I happen to be motivated by an absolute hatred of injustice, bias and cheating, and is probably why I am so outspoken about refereeing performances. But fact is match officials don't cover themselves in much glory, that is for sure. However,i have been consistently on record that for all the poor decisions, for much of the past few years the match officials haven't cost us may matches. With one exception - Bobby Madley giving Chris Martin a second yellow when he was clearly fouled for a penalty in the away match against Burnley. And he disallowed the goal that we scored in the follow up to that event. We would have almost certainly gone on to win that much, which would have put us in front of Burnley in the table, and would probably have meant that we got the second automatic promotion spot. And we would probably have kept hold of Stevie Mac, and done well in the Prem. So yes we wuz robbed.

We have also had refs refusing to clamp down on timewasting - in one such match about 3 seasons ago Middlesborough were timewasting after only two minutes, yet the ref only booked the keeper for it in time added on at the end of the match. That stopped them, didn't it? Or teams like Milwall spending the entire match using our players for kicking practice, with not a single card shown for it, then Bryson comes on as sub and gets booked for his first offence. Or Norwich away, maybe the same year - Johnny Russell was given such rough treatment that he couldn't come out for the second half, but no cards for fouls against him. Then Butterfield goes in for a tackle and gets the ball, but a Norwich player rehearses for Swan Dance and Butters is red-carded. For getting the ball? Yes, courtesy of the yells and squeals from the army of Norwich players surrounding the ref.

Yes, so to my critics, there have been some very poor performance from referees over the years, and fairly consistently, but it is only this season where it has actually mattered, simply because we have been so poor and thrown matches away all by ourselves.

I was expecting the worst from Keith Stroud the other night, and he wasn't up to much for the first half. But he was much improved for the second, apart from the lack of protection for Waghorn, and giving super soft decisions to both teams. And no, Stroud didn't cost us the match on Tuesday, we did. In fact I was close to giving the match officials some compliments on Tuesday night. 

Close, but not close enough!

To be fair to the refs they're all rubbish in every game at this level. Its not an agenda against us. The refs are calling it as they see it (or dont see it) they're trying to be fair but theyre just not upto it. 

Is it really refs getting worse or is it that sky show so much more championship football & the refs at this level are now exposed more

On 26/02/2020 at 18:14, curb said:

I agree that the level of refereeing is disgraceful and has been for a number of years, I don’t agree that they’re inherently biased against us, it just feels that way when another awful decision goes against us, they’re just incompetent, out of touch and inconsistent generally.

I refereed in the Derby Taverners Sunday Mornings many years ago, I did a couple of Cup Finals at the Municipal Bowl, I don't think Refs are incompetent in general, I agree with the out of touch and inconsistantcy.

You might be amazed how Refs see something different to fans and footballers, They only get one shot at a decision, I believe the Refs today have been in a decline for a good few years now, Fans mock them, TV shows them up, Pundits deride them, VAR imo has caused Refs more problems than the PGMOL dared to think, Garth Crooks gave a good interview last week after the Chelsea-Spurs game, Refs are bottling it.

We've had good perfomances from refs, We have had bad performances from Refs, I gave up being a Ref when I realised no one liked me anymore ?

5 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Because part of it 

Is because mel stood upto them saying premership clubs get more money than champershio clubs do.

Also like last season sky got bradly johnson suspened for 10 games making out Bradley johnson bite the player when he just got the shirt

Also sky reported our ex manager frank lampard until they broke the news he would have stoped here and same thing with steve maclean when his head got turned by newcastle they cant stand it when Derby are doing well.

So we are around 5th or 6th most shown team on Sky. To keep showing us must be a good thing.

Bradley Johnson got himself in trouble (4 or 5 games BTW), not Sky. Also Sky dont give the punishments out...

You genuinely think Frank would have stayed had Sky Sports not done their job in reporting that Che,sea had made an approach. Do you realise how silly this sounds.

I'm not even sure how Newcastle approaching McClaren is Skys fault.

Anyway, if you watch Sky's highlights show, their background image is Pride Park. Sky show us a disproportionate number of times compared to our league position because we are a draw for viewers. Generally pundits have been OK with DCFC as well.

Also dont link EFL referees to Sky.

The only company you could have a go at is the EFL - i think their FFP charge is a joke based on what we know so far.

I don’t see much difference between this year and last. Sometimes they go our way, sometimes they don’t. It does seem to be a double whammy sometimes .. when we are up against it AND a decision goes against us it can hurt but they do balance out I am sure.

More to the point .. if all players stopped bitching, cheating and play acting in general the refs job would be a helluva lot easier. 

I can’t stand it .. cheeky grin and and wink .. naaa not for me, for some it’s gamesmanship and part of a match. But I am a boring old goat and like a clean game played with sportsmanship. I’ll forgive red rage, that’s nature but the cynical BS - face clutching, diving, falling over, Oscar winning stuff .. gimme a break.  

16 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

Although many think I am somewhat biased against refs in general, I think you may be over reacting a little, although I fully understand why! I happen to be motivated by an absolute hatred of injustice, bias and cheating, and is probably why I am so outspoken about refereeing performances. But fact is match officials don't cover themselves in much glory, that is for sure. However,i have been consistently on record that for all the poor decisions, for much of the past few years the match officials haven't cost us may matches. With one exception - Bobby Madley giving Chris Martin a second yellow when he was clearly fouled for a penalty in the away match against Burnley. And he disallowed the goal that we scored in the follow up to that event. We would have almost certainly gone on to win that much, which would have put us in front of Burnley in the table, and would probably have meant that we got the second automatic promotion spot. And we would probably have kept hold of Stevie Mac, and done well in the Prem. So yes we wuz robbed.

We have also had refs refusing to clamp down on timewasting - in one such match about 3 seasons ago Middlesborough were timewasting after only two minutes, yet the ref only booked the keeper for it in time added on at the end of the match. That stopped them, didn't it? Or teams like Milwall spending the entire match using our players for kicking practice, with not a single card shown for it, then Bryson comes on as sub and gets booked for his first offence. Or Norwich away, maybe the same year - Johnny Russell was given such rough treatment that he couldn't come out for the second half, but no cards for fouls against him. Then Butterfield goes in for a tackle and gets the ball, but a Norwich player rehearses for Swan Dance and Butters is red-carded. For getting the ball? Yes, courtesy of the yells and squeals from the army of Norwich players surrounding the ref.

Yes, so to my critics, there have been some very poor performance from referees over the years, and fairly consistently, but it is only this season where it has actually mattered, simply because we have been so poor and thrown matches away all by ourselves.

I was expecting the worst from Keith Stroud the other night, and he wasn't up to much for the first half. But he was much improved for the second, apart from the lack of protection for Waghorn, and giving super soft decisions to both teams. And no, Stroud didn't cost us the match on Tuesday, we did. In fact I was close to giving the match officials some compliments on Tuesday night. 

Close, but not close enough!

Stuart Attwell against the dogs a few years back ?

Archived