The super computer Championship predictor

plymouthram

9 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

It's not the DETs "supercomputer", I just looked it up. You've all fallen into the trap of thinking the DET still actually creates any content.

It is TalkSport's predictive "supercomputer"; and like most predictions of this type everyone barely moves from their current positions, with a couple of exceptions thrown in to make it look better.

The supercomputer is Adrian Durhams brain, that is all.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As we all know it's just a guess as to how we'll do and how the table will end up, but a 'calculator' I do often look at is one hosted on the Grimsby Town website lol.

You select your division at the start and if you deselect all teams and click next then next again, it shows you a predicted table based on current form with a random factor built in.

https://thefishy.co.uk/football-calculator.php

3 minutes ago, sawley_ram said:

As we all know it's just a guess as to how we'll do and how the table will end up, but a 'calculator' I do often look at is one hosted on the Grimsby Town website lol.

You select your division at the start and if you deselect all teams and click next then next again, it shows you a predicted table based on current form with a random factor built in.

https://thefishy.co.uk/football-calculator.php

That puts Leeds beating WBA to 1st by 10 points! They'd have to gain 14 points over them to do that. 

I did it again and Leeds beat PRESTON to 1st by 13 points! Who designed this algorithm!? ? 

My 'super computer' says Boro and Hull will be in the bottom 4. Boro have picked up 1 point from the last 5 games (7 points from 10), and Hull have 2 points from their last 9 games!
West Brom to be runaway winners with a record low points tally for the team finishing 2nd (Leeds), and Forest just about cling on to 6th.

12 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Anywhere between 7th and 24th and I don’t really care. If we’re not 6th, and we’re not relegated, anything else doesn’t really matter. 

Therefore, if that was the end the result, I’d be pretty chuffed. Cheering on Fulham in the play offs. I’d but ducking setting myself if Leeds and forest miss out in the play offs. I’d love it if it were us making them cry, but if it has to be Fulham, then so be it. 

Assume you meant anywhere between 7th and 21st.

Heh my efforts from the Grimsby one 

PosTeamPGDPts

1West Brom46+3691

2Leeds46+2584

3Brentford46+3781

4Fulham46+1377

5Bristol City46+575

6Blackburn46+1874

7Millwall46+1072

8Derby46+672

9Nott'm Forest46+1271

10Preston46+1071

11Sheff Wed46+463

12Swansea46-560

13Cardiff46-558

14Birmingham46-1257

15Middlesbrough46-953

16QPR46-1253

17Reading46-252

18Hull46-950

19Stoke46-1350

20Charlton46-1048

21Huddersfield46-1948

22Wigan46-1947

23Luton46-3442

24Barnsley46-2738

7 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

Heh my efforts from the Grimsby one 

My actual guess at Derby (let the others be done randomly) saw us finishing 10th.

Oddly though, if we win every game we finish 3rd according to that - winning all but one (that we lose) also sees us finish 3rd, but losing 2 and winning the rest sees us outside of the playoffs ? 

2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

That puts Leeds beating WBA to 1st by 10 points! They'd have to gain 14 points over them to do that. 

I did it again and Leeds beat PRESTON to 1st by 13 points! Who designed this algorithm!? ? 

A deluded Leeds fan, presumably. There's quite a few of them to choose from

Archived