The super computer Championship predictor

plymouthram

The Derby Telegraph's so called super computer predicts that the Rams will finish 13th on 60 points. Which means with 12 matches to go, we will only get another 15 points out of a possible 36. I don't beleive for one minute they have a computer that does this. Its just some journalist having a guess on all the remaining fixtures and results and coming up with a predicted final Championship table. They had Westbrom= Champs, Brentford= 2nd, Leeds= 3rd missing out on goal difference to Brentford, Forest=4th, Fulham=5th and Blackburn= 6th.

I personally think we will collect about 18-20 points in our remaining fixtures.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

You're quite young, aren't you?

I wish, Tim Ward was Derby's manager when I first watched the Rams at the Baseball Ground. I knew ZX81 was a computer, it certainly is'nt what they use at the Derby Telegraph and I doubt if they actually used one.

45 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

The Derby Telegraph's so called super computer predicts that the Rams will finish 13th on 60 points. Which means with 12 matches to go, we will only get another 15 points out of a possible 36. I don't beleive for one minute they have a computer that does this. Its just some journalist having a guess on all the remaining fixtures and results and coming up with a predicted final Championship table. They had Westbrom= Champs, Brentford= 2nd, Leeds= 3rd missing out on goal difference to Brentford, Forest=4th, Fulham=5th and Blackburn= 6th.

I personally think we will collect about 18-20 points in our remaining fixtures.

Anywhere between 7th and 24th and I don’t really care. If we’re not 6th, and we’re not relegated, anything else doesn’t really matter. 

Therefore, if that was the end the result, I’d be pretty chuffed. Cheering on Fulham in the play offs. I’d but ducking setting myself if Leeds and forest miss out in the play offs. I’d love it if it were us making them cry, but if it has to be Fulham, then so be it. 

16 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

I wish, Tim Ward was Derby's manager when I first watched the Rams at the Baseball Ground. I knew ZX81 was a computer, it certainly is'nt what they use at the Derby Telegraph and I doubt if they actually used one.

Yes sounds far too advanced for a ZX81. ZX80?

43 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

I did think the other day Leeds are second and five points above third. They need to win 8 out of twelve to beat our total from 13/ 14 finishing third.  Fulham who are third need to win 9 and draw 2 from 12 to finish above that total..

This league is very poor this season. Anyone who goes up will need to spend every penny they have to stay there.

Sounds about right to me. We've improved a lot lately, but we've picked up a possible 12 points from 45 this season against teams in the top half and 9 of our remaining 12 games are against those teams. Throw that into the mix with our horrendous away record and I can certainly see why we're not expected to have a great run in. 

"super computer" = someone running the season on footy manager several times and producing some copy for their newspaper.

Although the old computers mentions got me nostalgic for my C64, typing in programs out of magazines, loading games on tapes. Ah, the days.

And to think of the processing power in our mobile phones nowadays......we're living in the future.

56 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

No because 99.99 % of the supercomputer power is used to push zillions of adverts to every web page the  user opens

Ad blocking software is available.

It'll also contribute to certain internet forum proprietors having to consider approved used rather than new for their next Mercedes-Benz,humberside instead of the east riding of Yorkshire, or even, a less than too spec iPhone.

Won't somebody think of the click revenue...

Nothing screams DET more than a “supercomputer” miraculously managing to predict a team that’s currently 13th will finish.... 13th. I mean without the benefit of unbelievably advanced technology none of us would’ve ever guessed that.

Its far too difficult to predict anyway in the championship most of the time. Why bother?

It's not the DETs "supercomputer", I just looked it up. You've all fallen into the trap of thinking the DET still actually creates any content.

It is TalkSport's predictive "supercomputer"; and like most predictions of this type everyone barely moves from their current positions, with a couple of exceptions thrown in to make it look better.

Archived