Inverness Caledonian Thistle

uttoxram75

We've become experts on Club Statements this season but this one from Caley is great stuff.

They've lost an appeal for one of their players diving. This is their answer....

https://ictfc.com/club-statement-9

When the club was given the news this morning that the appeal had not only be dismissed but that James had in fact been adjudged to have committed simulation, we were both incredulous and furious in equal measure. We would once again re-iterate that we do not want to call into question anyone’s integrity with this statement but we must call into question the actual football knowledge of those sitting in judgement on all Scottish football players under this current system. If the individuals involved in this morning’s Tribunal can watch the footage we supplied, footage which the whole of Scottish football has now seen and call this simulation, then there can be no other conclusion other than they do not understand football or the rules of the game. As harsh as this sounds, there can be no other conclusion. Fans and officials of all clubs are mystified by this decision. 

Check the link out for the full statement and footage of the actual incident.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is shocking!  Appalling!  Quite frankly it incensed me, and I was just about to compile a very strongly worded letter of complaint... to, erm, someone... but then... Lo... I happened to spot the name of the competition... Tunnock’s Caramel Wafer Cup!

Not only one of my all time favourite snacks, but arguably the greatest competition name in history!

You can take your Milk Cup, your Cocu Cola Cup, your Rumbelows, Littlewoods, Worthington, Carling, Capital One, and most definitely Carabao, and shove it right where the sun don't shine... and I don't mean Inverness!

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

That is shocking!  Appalling!  Quite frankly it incensed me, and I was just about to compile a very strongly worded letter of complaint... to, erm, someone... but then... Lo... I happened to spot the name of the competition... Tunnock’s Caramel Wafer Cup!

Not only one of my all time favourite snacks, but arguably the greatest competition name in history!

You can take your Milk Cup, your Cocu Cola Cup, your Rumbelows, Littlewoods, Worthington, Carling, Capital One, and most definitely Carabao, and shove it right where the sun don't shine... and I don't mean Inverness!

The name of the competition is my all time favourite and I only saw it today.

Having said that, I played in two cup finals for my works team, one at Notts County and one at Walsall, both in the Alec Horsley, Northern Foods Welfare and Social Cup.

ICTFC have played this right. Absolutely stinks of the governing body playing favourites with the bigger club. It would’ve gone unnoticed without this club statement. I’m sure it won’t change anything, but brings their governance into question and highlights their inability, or worse: corruption. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51658213

Decision now reversed.

Ok, so the correct decision in the end, but how is it possible it took a second appeal for it to happen? Does this open the floodgates for all appeals against punishment to continue until the desired result is arrived at?

I am glad for the lad he can now play but surely it smacks of even more incompetence that it had to go this far?

4 hours ago, Paul71 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51658213

Decision now reversed.

Ok, so the correct decision in the end, but how is it possible it took a second appeal for it to happen? Does this open the floodgates for all appeals against punishment to continue until the desired result is arrived at?

I am glad for the lad he can now play but surely it smacks of even more incompetence that it had to go this far?

You should of seen the statement sent out by the SFA on Saturday.. lots of long words and bluff and bluster. 

They admitted one of the panel that made the decision to ban him for the dive hadn't actually seen the footage. 

4 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

You should of seen the statement sent out by the SFA on Saturday.. lots of long words and bluff and bluster. 

They admitted one of the panel that made the decision to ban him for the dive hadn't actually seen the footage. 

james franco what GIF

Always liked Caley, ever since I visited their ground, well it was actually a stand and a field behind each goal and a footpath down the side. 

Good to see the right outcome at the end but the panel, just wow. 

Archived