Pride Park recreated in Minecraft

MattRushton1995

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuKN0FAFz8k

Hi everyone, I was wondering if I'd be able to get your thoughts on my full-scale replica of Pride Park that I spent 10 months working on between October 2018 and August 2019. It is the sixth stadium I've done as part of a 24 build project. The video I have attached showcases the stadium along with commentary from me going into some of the history.

Cheers

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, MattRushton1995 said:

Hi everyone, I was wondering if I'd be able to get your thoughts on my full-scale replica of Pride Park that I spent 10 months working on between October 2018 and August 2019. It is the sixth stadium I've done as part of a 24 build project. The video I have attached showcases the stadium along with commentary from me going into some of the history.

Cheers

Looks impressive, but I don't think it's good enough if you're hoping for Mel to pay £81m for it.

10 minutes ago, MattRushton1995 said:

Cheers

mint that mate...

10 MONTHS THOUGH

I can't even stick to something for 10 days never mind 10 months!

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Looks impressive, but I don't think it's good enough if you're hoping for Mel to pay £81m for it.

No, thats what Mel paid £80m for, we can still sell the stadium to ourselves to raise even more money ? 

32 minutes ago, Squid said:

mint that mate...

10 MONTHS THOUGH

I can't even stick to something for 10 days never mind 10 months!

Thank you very much ?, yeah on average my stadium builds take around 6 months to make although there can be variations, with Pride Park taking ten months because I ran into so many issues with the seating. The longest however was Bolton, which took 3 years and 2 months to complete ?

I get the feeling this is something that you should maybe be really proud of?  Problem is, I haven't got a clue what is going on, and don't even know why I'm here!

I'm tempted to suggest it would have been a heck of a lot quicker with a drone, but I get the horrible feeling that could well come across as offensive, so I won't.

I'm truly disappointed in my lack of understanding here, as I suspect this may be a lot better than I'm giving it credit for.  I'll leave it to those that know what the hell is going on.  Apologies for the intrusion.  And yes... well done... I think!  

1 minute ago, MattRushton1995 said:

Thank you very much ?, yeah on average my stadium builds take around 6 months to make although there can be variations, with Pride Park taking ten months because I ran into so many issues with the seating. The longest however was Bolton, which took 3 years and 2 months to complete ?

Are you being paid, or making money from any of this gargantuan effort? I mean - fair play it's impressive but I hope you're remembering to eat (and can afford to!)

6 minutes ago, MattRushton1995 said:

I think that's a unique quality to my stadium builds, in order to get the design right I literally count each seat in order to get them into the correct setup, so it doesn't surprise me. ??

I played a bit of Minecraft years ago, built some pretty impressive structures imo - I now realise I've been playing a different game to you!  Fantastic work mate, I can kinda (but not really) imagine the time and effort that took to make and you've recreated the stadium very, very well.  Nice touch with the history too.  I'll check out some of your other grounds ?

5 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I get the feeling this is something that you should maybe be really proud of?  Problem is, I haven't got a clue what is going on, and don't even know why I'm here!

I'm tempted to suggest it would have been a heck of a lot quicker with a drone, but I get the horrible feeling that could well come across as offensive, so I won't.

I'm truly disappointed in my lack of understanding here, as I suspect this may be a lot better than I'm giving it credit for.  I'll leave it to those that know what the hell is going on.  Apologies for the intrusion.  And yes... well done... I think!  

Haha not to worry, in the end I went through 442 images (I've just tallied them up now) to recreate the stadium as accurately as possible, as far as I'm aware it hadn't been built to this scale before. It probably would have been quicker with a drone I can't argue there although I don't own one.

Thank you very much though ??

7 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Are you being paid, or making money from any of this gargantuan effort? I mean - fair play it's impressive but I hope you're remembering to eat (and can afford to!)

Unfortunately I don't make any money from these (although it has been suggested by a few people that I try and show the club who play at each ground (this resulted in a Twitter shoutout from Bolton Wanderers with an article on the way about that and an article written about the Riverside Stadium)) It's all one in my free time, juggling two part time jobs and uni alongside.

No need to worry I'm definitely eating, drinking, sleeping and doing everything else haha ??

Archived