We must stick togather and stand as one

B4ev6is

Well guys more bad head lines about but we must stick togather and stand as one. We need every single person behind the lads we need pp rocking in a attemp to get into play offs once more. We need to help fire lads and get much needed pay back they gave us damn good beating lads must use this say right pay back time. And try keep this run going.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with the sentiment of sticking together, but playoffs is unrealistic at this point. Not that it's a particularly bad thing in the long run, we're not going down, we can use this time to blood more young players and let Cocu experiment a bit more in the mean time. We still have a big 5th round cup tie to look forward to as well. Next season is what we should be aiming for at this point.

2 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

I genuinely don't understand why people say this. It's not mathematically impossible and we're still very much in the mix. 

Mathematically possible doesn't mean it's probable. We're 9 points off with only 13 to play, with a bad goal difference, and we need to pick up more points than the 7 teams ahead of us. Add on that we have a very difficult April. It's seriously unlikely, and unrealistic expectations can make a fan base toxic when they inevitably don't come up. We'd need a better run than we've had for about 5 years if we were to make playoffs. 

Look I want the lads make fists of it like at the weekend has shown top teams can lose to teams like barnsley if we fail to make the play offs this season I want it to be we gave it our best shot at it. 

We need some postives come from this season.

15 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

I genuinely don't understand why people say this. It's not mathematically impossible and we're still very much in the mix. 

We need 7 other teams to all have a worse record than we do over the next 13 games as we catch up the 7 points and goaL difference we would need. 
not a chance in hell It is going to happen. 

the cup is al we have to play for now....

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

We need 7 other teams to all have a worse record than we do over the next 13 games as we catch up the 7 points and goaL difference we would need. 
not a chance in hell It is going to happen. 

the cup is al we have to play for now....

plane landing GIF
That’s what they said to this pilot ?‍✈️ 

4 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

Very unlikely, we would need title winning form to achieve top 6. With one of the most dismal away records this season, it's just not going to happen barring a miraculous run of form. All about the FA cup now!

3 hours ago, SKRam said:

plane landing GIF
That’s what they said to this pilot ?‍✈️ 

I'd have thought the poor sod had enough to think about, without them waffling on about Derby's chances of promotion through his headphones!
He's done even better than first appearances may suggest, under those circumstances!  What a guy! 

On 18/02/2020 at 23:22, ThePrisoner said:

It's unrealistic that's why - we were flirting with relegation for a number of weeks before Xmas so would have to go on an absolutely exceptional run between now and the end of the season and hope that all the teams above us dropped a sustained amount of points to get us anywhere near the Top 6

On 19/02/2020 at 00:19, Andicis said:

I agree with the sentiment of sticking together, but playoffs is unrealistic at this point. Not that it's a particularly bad thing in the long run, we're not going down, we can use this time to blood more young players and let Cocu experiment a bit more in the mean time. We still have a big 5th round cup tie to look forward to as well. Next season is what we should be aiming for at this point.

Yes absolutely. Performances like that against Huddersfield prove that we aren't a top six team. As you say, use this valuable time to try out young talent, and also tweaks to formation / tactics etc. 

I don't understand people dismissing our chances of the playoffs, and saying we should focus on the cup. Most bookies have us at about 40/1 to reach the playoffs, but more than 100/1 (and as high as 300/1) to win the cup.

No, the playoffs don't seem likely, but they're not impossible. Let's take it one game at a time, try to win, and what'll be will be. Starting with Fulham tomorrow. 

6 minutes ago, Crazy said:

I don't understand people dismissing our chances of the playoffs, and saying we should focus on the cup. Most bookies have us at about 40/1 to reach the playoffs, but more than 100/1 (and as high as 300/1) to win the cup.

No, the playoffs don't seem likely, but they're not impossible. Let's take it one game at a time, try to win, and what'll be will be. Starting with Fulham tomorrow. 

That's just Crazy talk. 

Archived