Craig Ramage as a player

Bob The Badger

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, curb said:

Is it me or was football far more entertaining back then?

Yes it was, but then you could say the same about Saturday night TV, Stand-Up Comedians, Game shows, Board games, Christmas Day afternoon, The Top 40 hit parade (pop pickers), and watching a puppet with someone's hand up it's jacksy!

Times... They are a changing.

Ramage was an ok footballer and nothing more in my opinion. He had some good games and games where he made no difference at all and if it wasn't for the fact that he was a local lad who scored against the treetards, I doubt many would really remember too much about his career at Derby.

Just now, ossieram said:

Ramage was an ok footballer and nothing more in my opinion. He had some good games and games where he made no difference at all and if it wasn't for the fact that he was a local lad who scored against the treetards, I doubt many would really remember too much about his career at Derby.

For me, he was a similar level to Jason Kavanagh, Kevin Francis, etc etc.

If it wasn't for his Radio Derby stint, he'd just be a name from the past who didn't stir much emotion one way or other.

34 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Much more. 

PS Football is still entertaining though just a different game with VAR etc. 

I’m assuming by that you mean football on the telly as we’ve only played 1(?) game so far with VAR?

I would beg to differ. Whenever I’ve watched the Prem I’ve been bored poo-less.

4 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Trouble with CR was his attitude, Twice I'm aware of his attitude worked against him in the Blue Peter and Ritzys on Babbington Lane when at DCFC.

Always thought Ramage's ability was above average, I think his first match was a win at home to Charlton when he was MOM and if this forum was born then we would be raving. I think it was pace and determination (drive) that held him back

Also the raves he got on his debut probably made him think he had made it already and this football lark was easy.

I might be wrong but from were I stood, I thought the body language, his stance and the way he acted made you think he needed pulling down a peg or two.

I would probably say that about all the Ramages who have played for Derby except for Alan and Peter

Remember him netting twice in that game against Newcastle when they had three sent off. He really looked like he might make it, in a team which placed him alongside some top international players (and Nick Pickering).

In the end he had more swagger than end product. Ironically, it was whilst accusing today’s young players of showing a similar flaw that he finally shot himself in the foot.

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

AT  5/2

BL  7/1

KT  9/1

JR  33/1

XQ  10,000/1

Incredibly you’ve actually managed to put my initials at the top of your betting list!?

I did say earlier in the other thread I was the man to replace Ramage, clearly the bookies agree too? It’s all coming together now!

Archived