Craig Ramage as a player

Bob The Badger

It had to be said, that most of what I have read was on Twitter, and I think the typical reader of this board is smarter and more well informed.

But,  I'm surprised at how many people have knocked Ramage on his playing ability (not that that is even relevant).

Technically speaking, he was a good player and many pundits during his early days thought he was headed for an international career.

His issues at the highest level were two-fold, and both similar to Nigel Clough.

He wasn't quick enough to be elite.

And he didn't score enough goal.

But, to say he wasn't a very good footballer is nonsense imho irrespective of what has gone on. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

He was a very good midfielder.  

Kris Commons type of player. 

Didn't quite have the pace or ability to drift outside of Commons, but definitely similar in ability to strike a football. 

Nigel is the closest I can think of, although Ramage is a kippers dick lower in ability. 

FWIW, NC would have been a world beater with a bit more pace. 

Just now, Mucker1884 said:

I am 57... and I have just come to the realisation that I haven't a clue how big a kippers dick is!

I am sick to death of this sheltered life I've lived!  I'm off out... I may not even be back until well after 9pm!  

Im 57 too (1962?) but sadly you earn the right to know about kippers dicks, I can't just share it willy nilly. 

in all honesty,the only time I heard the phrase was when I was working in West Bromwich for a couple of years around 2001. Go figure. 

1 minute ago, Bob The Badger said:

Im 57 too (1962?) but sadly you earn the right to know about kippers dicks, I can't just share it willy nilly. 

in all honesty,the only time I heard the phrase was when I was working in West Bromwich for a couple of years around 2001. Go figure. 

Jan '63

The only time I've heard a kipper mentioned in The Black Country was a Kipper tie.  And It turned out to be one of these...

gallery-1513337481-cup-of-tea.jpg?resize

19 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Didn't quite have the pace or ability to drift outside of Commons, but definitely similar in ability to strike a football. 

Nigel is the closest I can think of, although Ramage is a kippers dick lower in ability. 

FWIW, NC would have been a world beater with a bit more pace. 

Ramage is a kippers dick lower in ability to Nigel Clough....? Nigel Clough..? Are you high?

Archived