Andy Weatherall R.I.P.

Rev

Top man, DJ and producer, probably most widely known for his work with Primal Scream.

Saw him DJ in Derby in my much younger days, stayed apart from the superstar DJ's like Rampling and Oakenfold in order to concentrate on making records rather than playing them, but just as influencial as anyone else.

BBC News - DJ and producer Andrew Weatherall dies
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51535685

Beautiful and trippy, works perfectly as a gentle alarm in the morning to ease you into the day.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw him DJ in Aberdeen at The Pelican club a few times plus other appearances in Glasgow and at various festivals. Enjoyed great nights out in my much younger days, single, carefree and out until the very early hours of a Saturday or Sunday morning enjoying DJ sets by Jon Carter (Monkey Mafia) FC Kahuna, Justin Robertson, Paul Oakenfold, Back to Basics Dave Clarke, David Holmes etc, etc

The period when the football lads of every city around Britain got all loved up and finished off their night out in a small, dark and dinghy basement club initially wearing ski hats in some back alley enjoying some wonderful beats. AW - RIP.

image.jpg

Archived