How do these wages compare to our boys?

RammieLad90

Messi allegedly makes £70 million a year just from wages, https://www.onlinemortgageadvisor.co.uk/content/footy100/

How does that compare to our lads? I know it's going to be considerably less just wanted to see how much of a difference there is.

Does anyone know I can find wage stats for DCFC? Particularly interested in seeing Mason Bennett and Chris Martins wage

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, RammieLad90 said:

Messi allegedly makes £70 million a year just from wages, https://www.onlinemortgageadvisor.co.uk/content/footy100/

How does that compare to our lads? I know it's going to be considerably less just wanted to see how much of a difference there is.

Does anyone know I can find wage stats for DCFC? Particularly interested in seeing Mason Bennett and Chris Martins wage

With respect it's their business not yours

42 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

With respect it's their business not yours

So clubs shouldn't be transparent with fans? I understand on a personal level to the player it is there business. But I pour money into the club year on year through tickets and shirts I think I deserve to see where the money is spent. 

The wages do not have to be broken down per person but a figure for all wages would be nice.

On a further note the salary of most jobs is public knowledge so you can work out how much most people make but it is just "celebs" who mostly keep it a secret,

Also just been looking at there accounts for 2018 https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00049139/filing-history

Some interesting stuff in there 

1 hour ago, RammieLad90 said:

One Derby County = half a Messi

17 minutes ago, RammieLad90 said:

So clubs shouldn't be transparent with fans? I understand on a personal level to the player it is there business. But I pour money into the club year on year through tickets and shirts I think I deserve to see where the money is spent. 

The wages do not have to be broken down per person but a figure for all wages would be nice.

On a further note the salary of most jobs is public knowledge so you can work out how much most people make but it is just "celebs" who mostly keep it a secret,

Also just been looking at there accounts for 2018 https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00049139/filing-history

What do you think interesting?

I bet he's worth every penny. He might only be little but he must be the biggest billboard in the world. 

The interest and pull he must generate must make him worth it. 

I mean every advert that features Barcelona uses which player. Every kid that sees his amazing goals on YouTube are seeing Barcelona. He's bigger than they are! 

21 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I bet he's worth every penny. He might only be little but he must be the biggest billboard in the world. 

The interest and pull he must generate must make him worth it. 

I mean every advert that features Barcelona uses which player. Every kid that sees his amazing goals on YouTube are seeing Barcelona. He's bigger than they are! 

Also just to note I wasn't comparing just to Messi but every footballer who earns £30+ million a year. I didn't make that clear

3 minutes ago, RammieLad90 said:

The revenue figures, with £9 million coming from ticket sales 

Yes, only Villa, Leeds and Norwich had higher matchday revenue than us that season.
VIlla, Leeds, Norwich and Bristol were the only teams with higher commercial income (mostly made up of TV money)

4th highest revenue (exc parachute payments) in 17/18.

image.thumb.png.84dbc657909bdc345074eef9d7568835.png

Norwich and Villa have gone up laving just Leeds above us.
Swansea, Stoke, West Brom, Huddersfield have come down but will have non-parachute revenue less than us.
Swansea and Stoke - c£28m
West Brom and Huddersfield - c£26m

3 hours ago, RammieLad90 said:

Bennett takes home minimum wage, once his fine is taken out at source.

CM get's paid in Red Diesel, to run his traaaaaa-ers.

2 hours ago, RammieLad90 said:

Haven't you answered your own question? Overall wages are detailed in the accounts you have provided a link to.

OK, it includes all wages not just playing staff but what other type of company would go into such detail? Do you expect the likes of ASDA to give details of how much they spend on wages for their shop floor staff (I'm assuming they don't) so you can decide whether you think you are getting value for the money you spend there?

With regards to "deserving to see where the money goes" why? No one makes you spend money on tickets and merchandise, it's your choice. Finally, what difference would it make if the accounts said that something like 95% of the wages were spent on playing staff? What would you do then? It's not as if it's going to come as any great surprise that players get paid an awful lot of money. 

4 hours ago, RammieLad90 said:

I know for a fact Martin earns 100 million a year. I know because someone posted that he earned 10k a week, and within 3 pages it was upto 30 k a week so by now it must be 100 million give or take.

18 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Haven't you answered your own question? Overall wages are detailed in the accounts you have provided a link to.

OK, it includes all wages not just playing staff but what other type of company would go into such detail? Do you expect the likes of ASDA to give details of how much they spend on wages for their shop floor staff (I'm assuming they don't) so you can decide whether you think you are getting value for the money you spend there?

With regards to "deserving to see where the money goes" why? No one makes you spend money on tickets and merchandise, it's your choice. Finally, what difference would it make if the accounts said that something like 95% of the wages were spent on playing staff? What would you do then? It's not as if it's going to come as any great surprise that players get paid an awful lot of money. 

Asda do break down wages. Also I admit there is no direct benefit from knowing but we learn lot's of stuff everyday that gives us no benefit should we stop learning everything that does not give us any benefit? 

If there is nothing bad there then why should they not be transparent? Why is it so taboo for someone to know someone elses wages?

Also the comparison between a Asda and Derby is not valid as they are completely different entities.

image.png.3029b8ed70638f1a9ac356fe5681ea14.png

31 minutes ago, RammieLad90 said:

Asda do break down wages. Also I admit there is no direct benefit from knowing but we learn lot's of stuff everyday that gives us no benefit should we stop learning everything that does not give us any benefit? 

If there is nothing bad there then why should they not be transparent? Why is it so taboo for someone to know someone elses wages?

Also the comparison between a Asda and Derby is not valid as they are completely different entities.

image.png.3029b8ed70638f1a9ac356fe5681ea14.png

Ok so ASDA was a bad choice but, as you say, how would it make any difference if you did know the breakdown? However, why is a company like ASDA not valid? Choose an industry that is valid or are you saying football is a special case?

Knowing someone else’s wages may not be taboo (although I’m not sure I’d want my salary whilst I was working to be public knowledge) but you were suggesting you had a right to know simply because you choose to buy match tickets and merchandise. There is a difference between liking to know and having the right to know.

With regards to having something to hide, it’s no surprise that footballers earn vast amounts of money but, what difference would it make (other than to satisfy your curiosity) if you knew that playing staff wages made up 50%, 75%, 90% or 95%+ of the total? 

On 17/02/2020 at 12:09, RammieLad90 said:

Buying a season ticket entitles you to watch the matches contained within the package and buying a shirt entitles you to ownership of that shirt, nothing else.

Anything the club provides on top of that is purely up to them and will doubltess be designed to attract and retain customers, they are under no obligation to provide anything above and beyond the ticket and the shirt. Wether fans like it or not, to the club we are customers. Our emotional attachment to the club is just another string to their bow that can be used to entice us back to spend more money.

Archived