Sign in to follow this  
DarkFruitsRam7

Max Lowe Racial Stereotyping

3 minutes ago, sage said:

So you are denying that Ramage's comments were racist?

How is saying his comments definitely meet the definition of racism, denying that his comments were racist? 

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

How is saying his comments definitely meet the definition of racism, denying that his comments were racist? 

You're wording was confusing but glad you agree that we was being racist.  Would you agree that we was singling young black players out for criticism?

Just now, sage said:

You're wording was confusing but glad you agree that we was being racist.  Would you agree that we was singling young black players out for criticism?

In that sentence yes, not really sure why he even mentioned colour, in the general context of what he was saying no. Having already criticised Bird earlier I would say he was criticising our young players in general.

I think Craig Ramage is sound personally. I love how he doesn’t suck up to the club and tells it how it is. I don’t think the blokes racist at all. He’s just not thought properly, a formal warning would be enough, and a sincere apology.

can we all just stop demanding the bloke to be sacked please, let’s not forget he has a family and bills to pay. Appreciate it may be sensitive to some people, but it’s not like the bloke has come out with racial hatred.

17 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Disappointed, but not surprised, to see comments on the lines of “can’t you say ANYTHING thee days?” in reference to racist comments.

And, for the record, you have never been able to say anything - freedom of speech is not freedom from consequence.

A percentage of people are genuinely racist and will always try to turn incidents like this around. That's what racists do.

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

In that sentence yes, not really sure why he even mentioned colour, in the general context of what he was saying no. Having already criticised Bird earlier I would say he was criticising our young players in general.

Did he criticise Bird's attitude? his body language? 

1 hour ago, 1967RAMS said:

I wasn’t going to enter this debate but will. Firstly I think what Craig said was totally unacceptable. He must and will  face sanction. I have no idea about his views on race but feel the preamble leading up to the black player quote, to me at least, suggests he thinks it’s a trait of black players in particular. Having said that, I make mistakes in life, as I’m sure most of us do. Please let him apologise ( hopefully he thinks he needs to) and face what punishment comes his way. But let’s not get carried away with our condemnation and calls for recriminations. Don’t hound him or especially his family mercilessly. It’s such a shame we no longer seem capable of accepting a persons failings and afford them the opportunity to improve and learn from their mistakes and ultimately grow Into better people 

This ^

Edited by Ellafella

11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

He wasn’t criticising Bird’s attitude or stance or saying he needed pulling down a peg or too. It was when he moved onto that that he mentioned colour.

I cannot comprehend how some people can’t see what he said was totally wrong.

Bogle is potentially our most valuable player. He has extraordinary skills and has a great future in the Premiership. He has been outstanding for Derby County. He is  hopefully one who will get us into the Premiership in the next two seasons. Great player, great prospect. I personally think that Roos could have done better with the equaliser on Saturday but Huddersfield deserved their equaliser. COYR

13 minutes ago, sage said:

Did he criticise Bird's attitude? his body language? 

No I dont think so.

9 minutes ago, Saffy van der Ram said:

He wasn’t criticising Bird’s attitude or stance or saying he needed pulling down a peg or too. It was when he moved onto that that he mentioned colour.

I cannot comprehend how some people can’t see what he said was totally wrong.

What he said was wrong.

Whether what he said was true or not I have no idea as I am not around the club so know nothing about the attitude of any of the players.