v Fulham (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

59 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

One of the best performances of the season and we manage to have 19 pages?!

I enjoyed the game, two good footballing teams going for it. Clarke excellent, Bird and Rooney as well. Shinnie did a a good job to keep Cairney quiet. Waggy runs his socks off, Lawrence's best game of the season....Davies was struggling, but he was pretty much the only one. Nice to see this team developing, last couple months have been mostly joy to watch.

Special mention to the ref. Yes, he gave away unnecessary freekick on Shinnie's clean tackle but overall he did very well. That is so rare occasion that deserves to be highlighted. Good ref is the single most important building block to enjoyable football match, hope we would get such one more often.

That ‘pass back’ decision was hilariously bad ? At least the 4th official talked him round. 

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thoughts from last night - 

We’re getting a lot better at playing swiftly out from the back, but we need a keeper with better distribution.

its a real shame we won’t get Clarke back next season, but let’s hope Twerky is a similar player.

Bird was excellent again.

Lawerence continues to change my opinion on him with every passing game. 

Their keeper played an absolute blinder to keep them in it. While Hamer barely had a save to make.

Loved the little cameo of Rooney circa 2004 when be hunted down the defender on the touch line, won the ball back, nutmegged him, then spun in a absolute peach of a cross. 

Cocu’s tactics and philosophy is really sinking in now. 

Found it hilarious at Scott Parker doesn’t know where to place a tie clip ??

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

That ‘pass back’ decision was hilariously bad ? At least the 4th official talked him round. 

'Talked him round' or 'prepared to listen to the opinion of others'. Pretty sure it would be the latter which in my opinion makes him an even better ref.

Whatever their keeper had for breakfast, I want some. 

Really enjoyed the game despite not picking up the 3 points, thought it was an excellent performance.

On paper the players they have, they really should be tonking teams, I don’t want to say they were poor last night but they didn’t look like an automatic promotion team. They were a far more dangerous team under Jokanovic. 

As for us, thought Bird was excellent as usual, I remember being told a couple of years back he was the one to watch. Now he is showing why, what he’s been through you can’t help but smile when you see him play.

Lawrence again thought he had a great game, time to get behind the lad. Hammering into him, destroying any confidence he has will do us no good. It’s in all our interests he continues this form as he is an asset to the team, an asset that when we are ready to move him on it would not be at a loss when he plays like this.

Rooney? Just quality. He really shouldn’t be playing in this league, saying that let’s give him a 5 year deal. Don’t want to ever say goodbye.

Finally, any other keeper and last night the 3 points were ours. Which would have been fully deserved.

Just study and watch Wayne Rooney the man is unbelievable.

He has all the time in the world just so classy makes Derby tick.

Without him most probably Fulham win.And the penalty outrageous I just can’t wait to next season 3 new players and this team will get promoted.

Anyone else notice how Lawrence's 2nd minute effort just seemed to chill everyone out... on and off the pitch?

The fans laughed with him... not at him.
The player's seemed to think "Well, at least we can't do worse than that tonight"!

It relaxed everyone in the stadium.  No heavy sighs when we played it back from the half way line.  No tutting and moaning during the slow build ups, or the less-than-perfect passes across the back line.
The players took on gambles.  Risqué passing.  Little flicks.  Tight one-two's.  They lost their fear.

It was an excellent watch.  Arguably the best game this season, both from a Rams perspective, and the game overall (Maybe TL relaxed the oppo as well, for the same reason?)

The timing was everything Tom.  More of the same, please!  ?

Last night felt like our players started making a few better decisions in the final third. It felt like we created chances. 
Their keeper was on top form and stopped us taking all 3 after a £30(?)m striker equalised from less than a half chance. 

People have been calling out for a season of transition and a manager to be given time, it’s starting to look like perhaps Cocus ideas are coming across. The young players are developing well. And we’re ending the season better than we began it. Just a shame a loud minority wanted him gone earlier in the season. 

49 minutes ago, David said:

Whatever their keeper had for breakfast, I want some. 

Really enjoyed the game despite not picking up the 3 points, thought it was an excellent performance.

On paper the players they have, they really should be tonking teams, I don’t want to say they were poor last night but they didn’t look like an automatic promotion team. They were a far more dangerous team under Jokanovic. 

As for us, thought Bird was excellent as usual, I remember being told a couple of years back he was the one to watch. Now he is showing why, what he’s been through you can’t help but smile when you see him play.

Lawrence again thought he had a great game, time to get behind the lad. Hammering into him, destroying any confidence he has will do us no good. It’s in all our interests he continues this form as he is an asset to the team, an asset that when we are ready to move him on it would not be at a loss when he plays like this.

Rooney? Just quality. He really shouldn’t be playing in this league, saying that let’s give him a 5 year deal. Don’t want to ever say goodbye.

Finally, any other keeper and last night the 3 points were ours. Which would have been fully deserved.

I posted on Twitter that Scott Parker has turned the best squad into the championship into a side completely reliant on Mitro and Rodak and about 100 Fulham fans have liked it. 

He’s so so poor. Nothing going on upstairs. 

Just watching the game back on Sky. Anthony Knockeart - what an absolute rooster!!!  Last night at the game he was in the ref’s face after every Derby foul and I noticed him on the penalty trying to put Rooney off. But on TV, he’s wound me up again, Sky catches him shouting stuff at Rooney as he is waiting to run up.....and then even when the camera pans out and Rooney is on his run up you can see him trying to shout and put him off. What a little rick!!

Sorry for the morning rant......needed to get it off my chest!!! ?

(Ps thought the game particularly the second half was excellent....and Rooney is just a different level!!! ?

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

Thoughts from last night - 

We’re getting a lot better at playing swiftly out from the back, but we need a keeper with better distribution.

its a real shame we won’t get Clarke back next season, but let’s hope Twerky is a similar player.

Bird was excellent again.

Lawerence continues to change my opinion on him with every passing game. 

Their keeper played an absolute blinder to keep them in it. While Hamer barely had a save to make.

Loved the little cameo of Rooney circa 2004 when be hunted down the defender on the touch line, won the ball back, nutmegged him, then spun in a absolute peach of a cross. 

Cocu’s tactics and philosophy is really sinking in now. 

Found it hilarious at Scott Parker doesn’t know where to place a tie clip ??

I reckon “Twerky” might stick ! A lot better handle than Twazza ?

46 minutes ago, Dava75 said:

Just watching the game back on Sky. Anthony Knockeart - what an absolute rooster!!!  Last night at the game he was in the ref’s face after every Derby foul and I noticed him on the penalty trying to put Rooney off. But on TV, he’s wound me up again, Sky catches him shouting stuff at Rooney as he is waiting to run up.....and then even when the camera pans out and Rooney is on his run up you can see him trying to shout and put him off. What a little rick!!

Sorry for the morning rant......needed to get it off my chest!!! ?

(Ps thought the game particularly the second half was excellent....and Rooney is just a different level!!! ?

One of the best bits of action in the last few years was the penalty he missed (and the follow-up) in the playoff 2nd leg against Watford who then immediately went up the other end and scored the winner through Deeney. Hilarious!

Great game. Lots of chances. Good saves. Very solid across the back four apart from a couple of moments where davies lost mitrovic....which is bound to happen. Just lacking the killer finish. 

Rooney and bird emerging as poty and ypoty?

1 hour ago, Richard246 said:

Just study and watch Wayne Rooney the man is unbelievable.

He has all the time in the world just so classy makes Derby tick.

Without him most probably Fulham win.And the penalty outrageous I just can’t wait to next season 3 new players and this team will get promoted.

You watch the rest of the Derby players and they don't seem to see a way forward then Rooney plays one ball into space and it's like 'oh yeah!'. 

Like a magic eye picture. 

He's class and looks like he enjoys playing with the younger players. 

23 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

One of the best bits of action in the last few years was the penalty he missed (and the follow-up) in the playoff 2nd leg against Watford who then immediately went up the other end and scored the winner through Deeney. Hilarious!

Agree, but don’t miss the part where he dived to win it too

3 hours ago, Dimmu said:

One of the best performances of the season and we manage to have 19 pages?!

I enjoyed the game, two good footballing teams going for it. Clarke excellent, Bird and Rooney as well. Shinnie did a a good job to keep Cairney quiet. Waggy runs his socks off, Lawrence's best game of the season....Davies was struggling, but he was pretty much the only one. Nice to see this team developing, last couple months have been mostly joy to watch.

Special mention to the ref. Yes, he gave away unnecessary freekick on Shinnie's clean tackle but overall he did very well. That is so rare occasion that deserves to be highlighted. Good ref is the single most important building block to enjoyable football match, hope we would get such one more often.

The ref: he made a few mistakes in my eyes ? but unusually, with the biggest, when Forsyth’s deflected “back pass” was picked up by Hamer and he gave Fulham the free-kick, he subsequently changed his mind. Admittedly there were about 23,000 Derby fans apoplectic with rage which may have had an influence. When the ball was travelling Forsyth clearly shouted for Hamer to “let it go out” but Hamer ignored that. 
I also thought a couple of the offsides given against us looked wrong . . . One of the asst refs {linesmen} was far too quick to flag in my view. 

Archived