Sam French

Stuniverse

Does anybody know if U23 goalkeeper Sam French has left Derby County?

His profile is no longer on the official dcfc site. He did go to Stevenage on an emergency seven day loan on 26 October 2019 but I've heard no other news about him. I've just Googled and nothing came up. 

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he’s not on the club website then you’d have to think he’s not here anymore. Strange there’s been no official announcement of his departure. You’d assume we’ve released him if there’s no news on him going elsewhere, It’ll probably be announced on the retained list at seasons end. We haven’t announced Davies new deal or Carson’s triggered year extension either which we all know to have happened. 

48 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

If he’s not on the club website then you’d have to think he’s not here anymore. Strange there’s been no official announcement of his departure. You’d assume we’ve released him if there’s no news on him going elsewhere, It’ll probably be announced on the retained list at seasons end. We haven’t announced Davies new deal or Carson’s triggered year extension either which we all know to have happened. 

But Keogh is still on the club site. That's a huge faux pas.

14 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

The appeal isn’t over yet, that’s why he’s still on there. Still a chance he wins and he remains employed until we pay him off.

He had his club appeal. At that point he's sacked. He's now appealing for unfair dismissal isnt he, which in my eyes means he's been dismissed?

I'm fairly sure he is no longer an employee of DCFC? happy for a HR geek to tell me I'm wrong.

6 minutes ago, rammieib said:

He had his club appeal. At that point he's sacked. He's now appealing for unfair dismissal isnt he, which in my eyes means he's been dismissed?

I'm fairly sure he is no longer an employee of DCFC? happy for a HR geek to tell me I'm wrong.

He is yeah, but for whatever reason we’ve decided deliberately to not announce anything about it officially. Including not removing him from the club website. It’s strange but there must be a reason for it. 

Archived