Caroline Flack

Sith Happens

15 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Possibly also to do with the police. Not allowed to see her fella. For those who don't know, the pair had a row and she hit him. Police attended. Neither of them wanted the cops involved but there's a new law that the police don't need one party in a relationship to make a complaint and can simply press charges themselves. A nice high-profile victim for them and the CPS.

Flack was forced off her show, off social media and away from her man. He wasn't officially allowed any contact but did make a Valentine's Day instagram comment on her feed.

Sad case though this is I'm not sure that's all fair @Carl Sagan.  The boyfriend did dial 999 and call the police.  They had to respond and apparently found him with a wound/blood - no doubt their body cameras will eventually confirm that one way or another.

Not unreasonable either for the police to refer it to the CPS who will have made the decision whether to prosecute or not. Personally I think it reasonable that they did - had it been the other way round, boyfriend on Caroline Flack, then we would have been (rightly) up in arms about their failure to take action. They're only being criticised in hindsight.

It was the court that decided on the bail conditions, not the CPS or the police, and bear in mind that they had breached the initial terms of bail by being in contact with one another. The family may well feel that the decision added to her distress and be enraged but equally if everyone who argued that then wasn't prosecuted it would give many, many abusers (alleged or otherwise, male and female) extra licence to carry on the abuse.  

The CPS are in an unenviable position - celebrity woman allegedly hits boyfriend, police called and some evidence of damage/injury.  Neither the CPS nor the police can or should be judge and jury about such an assault. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Sad case though this is I'm not sure that's all fair @Carl Sagan.  The boyfriend did dial 999 and call the police.  They had to respond and apparently found him with a wound/blood - no doubt their body cameras will eventually confirm that one way or another.

Not unreasonable either for the police to refer it to the CPS who will have made the decision whether to prosecute or not. Personally I think it reasonable that they did - had it been the other way round, boyfriend on Caroline Flack, then we would have been (rightly) up in arms about their failure to take action. They're only being criticised in hindsight.

It was the court that decided on the bail conditions, not the CPS or the police, and bear in mind that they had breached the initial terms of bail by being in contact with one another. The family may well feel that the decision added to her distress and be enraged but equally if everyone who argued that then wasn't prosecuted it would give many, many abusers (alleged or otherwise, male and female) extra licence to carry on the abuse.  

The CPS are in an unenviable position - celebrity woman allegedly hits boyfriend, police called and some evidence of damage/injury.  Neither the CPS nor the police can or should be judge and jury about such an assault. 

I agree. I come from an era of the police saying that they didn’t come between a man and his wife i.e. didn’t take domestic disputes seriously. From that a lot of people (yes mainly women) suffered unspeakable abuse and felt completely alone with it. Things have fortunately changed and physical and emotional abuse and coercion are criminal offences. Nobody should be excepted because they are female or they are famous.  

18 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I agree. I come from an era of the police saying that they didn’t come between a man and his wife i.e. didn’t take domestic disputes seriously. From that a lot of people (yes mainly women) suffered unspeakable abuse and felt completely alone with it. Things have fortunately changed and physical and emotional abuse and coercion are criminal offences. Nobody should be excepted because they are female or they are famous.  

I agree with a single caveat, that being around the restraining order. It is clear that both of them had put this episode behind them and while the CPS are entitled to pursue a conviction if they felt the attack warranted one, to not allow any contact against the will of both parties seems to me to be a step too far. I would however apportion far more of the blame to the red tops and online bullies than the CPS and the police.

I think the police took further action as to make an example of them taking domestic violence against men just a serious as they do against women.

Lots of men suffer domestic violence from their partners but don’t contact the police, as do lots of women of course.  It must have been bad if the lad phoned the police on her knowing it would become a public interest.

It’s typical of today’s social media environment that she got trolled online, which I expect lead to her to taking her own life.  The papers don’t help either, build em up then knock em down, they’ll never change.

She’ll not be the last person to take their life over a failed relationship, just goes to show that money and fame doesn’t bring happiness.  You could argue that getting the fame and seeing it all disappear in a blink of an eye can lead to this outcome.  Certainly the Love Island fatalities would have struggled with being the centre of attention one minute and being forgotten about within say 2 months.

Sad news.

20 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

A lot of people seem to be blaming the S*n for this. Maybe we should blame the people who read this dire rag. How many examples do you need to kick your filthy habit? You were ok when they hacked Milly Dowler's phone right?

The words read and The Sun are mutually exclusive in the same sentence 

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

I think the police took further action as to make an example of them taking domestic violence against men just a serious as they do against women.

Lots of men suffer domestic violence from their partners but don’t contact the police, as do lots of women of course.  It must have been bad if the lad phoned the police on her knowing it would become a public interest.

It’s typical of today’s social media environment that she got trolled online, which I expect lead to her to taking her own life.  The papers don’t help either, build em up then knock em down, they’ll never change.

She’ll not be the last person to take their life over a failed relationship, just goes to show that money and fame doesn’t bring happiness.  You could argue that getting the fame and seeing it all disappear in a blink of an eye can lead to this outcome.  Certainly the Love Island fatalities would have struggled with being the centre of attention one minute and being forgotten about within say 2 months.

Sad news.

For me the media went way too far and personal. Should have just stuck to reporting what's actually in the public interest. Instead of opinion pieces dissecting every aspect of her life and personality. Social media also needs to drastically change. I personally like the idea of platforms going offline one day a week. 

Whilst I am not trying to defend such a deplorable rag in any way, it's the whole industry not just The Sun. Crap like Closer magazine and gossip rags that tear strips of any semi-famous woman that dares to show her face in public need closing down. They do not provide news, they do not have any journalistic merit, they just make up random crap and publish it as fact to a voracious audience that like nothing more than to see other people get torn down.

To the people that write such nonsense, you are all unredeemable Bamfords. To the people that read it, regurgitate it's nonsense and fuel this sordid little industry, give your heads a wobble you pathetic idiots.

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Whilst I am not trying to defend such a deplorable rag in any way, it's the whole industry not just The Sun. Crap like Closer magazine and gossip rags that tear strips of any semi-famous woman that dares to show her face in public need closing down. They do not provide news, they do not have any journalistic merit, they just make up random crap and publish it as fact to a voracious audience that like nothing more than to see other people get torn down.

To the people that write such nonsense, you are all unredeemable Bamfords. To the people that read it, regurgitate it's nonsense and fuel this sordid little industry, give your heads a wobble you pathetic idiots.

What about if you just buy gossip mags for the footy pullouts?

11 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

What about if you just buy gossip mags for the footy pullouts?

I know that's a tongue in cheek comment, but If there is one thing the world is not short of it is outlets that provide football coverage. Saying you only buy The Sun for the footy pullouts is like saying you only used to buy Playboy for the lifestyle articles.

1 hour ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

So so sad. 

You can read the pain she's in and you do see how she feels that the walls are closing in around her

I wish to congratulate newspapers once again. Very well played. I hope your sales were many and your conscience clear

After all, you're only writing what people want to read. Supply and demand innit? I am sure Caroline Flack's friends and family will understand that. 

Anyway, Meghan. What a vile person she is eh? C'mon, a bit more and maybe you can help drive her to suicide too. Sorry, I mean you can help the people that want to help her towards an early grave. Almost accused you of being gutted journalists then. Oops! 

Bamfords

Archived