Caroline Flack

Sith Happens

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Andicis said:

But it's nothing to do with Love Island, in this case. It's the media and social media harassment of her that is to blame here. 

Possibly also to do with the police. Not allowed to see her fella. For those who don't know, the pair had a row and she hit him. Police attended. Neither of them wanted the cops involved but there's a new law that the police don't need one party in a relationship to make a complaint and can simply press charges themselves. A nice high-profile victim for them and the CPS.

Flack was forced off her show, off social media and away from her man. He wasn't officially allowed any contact but did make a Valentine's Day instagram comment on her feed.

13 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Possibly also to do with the police. Not allowed to see her fella. For those who don't know, the pair had a row and she hit him. Police attended. Neither of them wanted the cops involved but there's a new law that the police don't need one party in a relationship to make a complaint and can simply press charges themselves. A nice high-profile victim for them and the CPS.

Flack was forced off her show, off social media and away from her man. He wasn't officially allowed any contact but did make a Valentine's Day instagram comment on her feed.

Family understandably raging at the CPS for pursuing the case. They apparently warned them that she was vulnerable but to no avail. Sickening.

duck the Sun.

duck every single ducking news tabloid that contributed to the deterioration of her mental health.

duck everyone who sits behind a keyboard and posts hurtful comments on social media.

The Sun newspaper posted an article yesterday mocking her.... unsurprisingly it's now nowhere to be seen?

When will people ever realise that words matter, people take things in different ways, some people are stronger than others, and we should all stick together.

Mental health's not a joke and should be taken seriously.

Lifes too short to mock people and abuse them.

Rest In Peace, Caroline...

40 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Good points. It's the problem with being in the public eye and always will be. From that point on, anything done out in public or work related or on social media, the media will pounce on and did. People make mistakes and can do some bad things. But she wasn't allowed to deal with her alleged actions in private. Someone being vulnerable also doesn't mean they are above the law either.

She took her life when she had more of it to live than she already had done and that's sad.

At the same time, how would people be treating this if she was male and her partner female, or if she was extremely strong willed and opinionated and publicly quite nasty. Would people have been saying she should be left alone or would they have been pushing for her to have to answer for her alleged actions in court. 

Either way, it doesn't matter. A life lost over something like this, one mistake, is tragic. I don't know too much about the industry or Caroline. But my initial thoughts on this is that people in the public eye like this should have some sort of union and production companies, channels, etc, should all pay into it. So when a person is suffering from the pitfalls of the environment, they will receive the treatment and support they need, for free. Instead of feeling so alone and isolated that the worst can occur. 

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

If the bit about the new law is true which I trust your comment implicitly then isn't that an issue to take up with whoever passed that law i.e. our MPs rather than those who apply it i.e. the CPS

Am assuming the new law was put in place for domestic abuse cases where the abused person might be too scared to follow up with a complaint to the police for fear of more violence. 

10 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

10 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Family understandably raging at the CPS for pursuing the case. They apparently warned them that she was vulnerable but to no avail. Sickening.

From my limited understanding of the situation I would definitely say the CPS have blood on their hands. She seemed tortured by the fact she was no longer allowed contact with her partner even though neither of them wanted that to be the case. Absolutely tragic situation. Her family are right to be enraged. 

10 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I don’t know who she is

Ditto, only heard about the court case when it was on t.v.

She looks a product of the reality world so many crave, googled her background and it seems that’s where all her success stems from, which gains momentum in the red tops. Doesn’t make them going after her right.

Papers like the Sun love building people up one minute and pulling them apart another, hope the so called journalists sleep well with their conscience.

2 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Ditto, only heard about the court case when it was on t.v.

She looks a product of the reality world so many crave, googled her background and it seems that’s where all her success stems from, which gains momentum in the red tops. Doesn’t make them going after her right.

Papers like the Sun love building people up one minute and pulling them apart another, hope the so called journalists sleep well with their conscience.

Not being a massive followed of front page tabloid headlines it isnt something i have noticed too much, but on review now this story has broken i find it quite sickening that following the negative press towards her those same publications are having an outpouring of grief.

13 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

The luridly voyeuristic nature of both the red tops and those who lap up their digital dogshite absolutely disgusts me. Another young person driven to suicide by the clickbait crew and a pack of empty headed trolls. What a world we live in.

And she had no way to defend herself. 
Some parts of the ‘Modern’ world disgust me. 

1 hour ago, Zag zig said:

I know you agree but...

Papers like The Sun love selling papers and they write the headlines needed to do so. There's no greater strategy to it than that. Continue to buy, they continue to write.

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

I'm guessing the media are blaming Love Island, the police, her boyfriend, a dog down the street....

They'll never take ownership for what they've done. They absolutely savage people, and then when they die they write glowing pieces about how amazing the person was.

Archived