Bielek next season

sage

I expect we will end up trying to spanner in bielik and bird......Knight could be the one to make way.

I too was a bit under whelmed by KB

Personally i prefer midfielders who are all comfortable on the ball and mobile. Bird and knight have both been excellent. 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

Personally I’ve been disappointed by his performances so far; but then during the period in which he played, the team as a whole were also poor. 
The emergence of young Chris Bird has certainly been a big plus and for that reason we aren’t missing Chris Bielek. 

OMG B4 will be having kittens if you arent careful.

For me its so difficult to judge Bielek, never got much of a run in his preferred position.

But Max Bird has been excellent and is getting better with every game.

The main thing is to see how he comes back. We're all used to players coming back from acls "like new" but not long ago they could be career ending or "never the same after" injuries and the gut instinct i have on this one was it's bad or complicated. Long as we don't rush him, and, assuming he comes back strong, I think he'll be fitting into a much better functioning team, probably as CB. I think he said himself he prefers CB.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

All true but when we remember his comments early on that he will be leaving if we fail to get promoted within two years kind of indicates that we should get him fit and sold next January - decent enough player but no world beater in the championship 

Yes, came over as a bit arrogant but sometimes it's hard to pick out the nuances in a second language.

I don't think he's done anything yet to prove his Premiership credentials. 

10 hours ago, Sparkle said:

All true but when we remember his comments early on that he will be leaving if we fail to get promoted within two years kind of indicates that we should get him fit and sold next January - decent enough player but no world beater in the championship 

Yes I would go along with that, but Mel wouldn't get his money back as things stand.

11 hours ago, europia said:

Yes I would go along with that, but Mel wouldn't get his money back as things stand.

As it stands I think his wages will be being covered by our insurance, like many before (our premiums must be through the roof). 

When he's back I wouldn't be suprised to see him at CB, cocu said he bedded him in there as its less physically demanding, so they might feel if there's any risk of the injury recurring they might feel CB is the safer option 

3 minutes ago, whiteroseram said:

As it stands I think his wages will be being covered by our insurance, like many before (our premiums must be through the roof). 

When he's back I wouldn't be suprised to see him at CB, cocu said he bedded him in there as its less physically demanding, so they might feel if there's any risk of the injury recurring they might feel CB is the safer option 

He injured himself playing centre back?

On 15/02/2020 at 12:28, Sparkle said:

That didn’t go down too well with me that comment, I remember thinking at the time you want to keep your trap shut and concentrate on your performances billy big bolleau. Needs to work on his discipline an’ all.

If I’m correct I remember bielek played cb before being at charlton. Could he play there with Ter Wierek on the left side? The bielek fee wasn’t 10 mil straight up, would of been over instalments and with various different add ons. The club seem to be looking for another cb (Ng from crewe apparently) so maybe a youth player gives way. Although I think our midfield is by far our strongest asset.

6 hours ago, Dcfc_20 said:

If I’m correct I remember bielek played cb before being at charlton. Could he play there with Ter Wierek on the left side? The bielek fee wasn’t 10 mil straight up, would of been over instalments and with various different add ons. The club seem to be looking for another cb (Ng from crewe apparently) so maybe a youth player gives way. Although I think our midfield is by far our strongest asset.

He did and so did Clarke at Portsmouth - I am not saying it’s a bad thing but the championship is a different beast especially the opponent 

Archived