Pop Side seating

SEAO

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

1995 - Debuted vs Port Vale 0-0..... 

Remember it well. A massive attendance of about 9000. Still more noise than at any game at pp. How we get 30k now, watching less talented players at 30 quid a pop I'll never know.

7 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Remember it well. A massive attendance of about 9000. Still more noise than at any game at pp. How we get 30k now, watching less talented players at 30 quid a pop I'll never know.

I suspect you're suffering from a small case of selective memory. Whilst by no means always the case, there have been some great atmospheres at PP. Also, if you were in the Popside (I was a regular) it probably seemed like it was noisier because of the low roof and enclosed space. It only takes half a dozen people to make a hell of a noise in my lounge especially if the mother in law is one of them.

7 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I suspect you're suffering from a small case of selective memory. Whilst by no means always the case, there have been some great atmospheres at PP. Also, if you were in the Popside (I was a regular) it probably seemed like it was noisier because of the low roof and enclosed space. It only takes half a dozen people to make a hell of a noise in my lounge especially if the mother in law is one of them.

Oh it was definitely noisier. My heart sank when they chose pp over redevelopment. Funnily  enough I was in the vicinity last month so I had a look. A wee smelling, metal statue with graffiti all over it is all that's there. 

30 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Oh it was definitely noisier. My heart sank when they chose pp over redevelopment. Funnily  enough I was in the vicinity last month so I had a look. A wee smelling, metal statue with graffiti all over it is all that's there. 

Worst decision the club has ever made in its history was moving to the soulless LEGO bowl..

yep, last time i was over I went for a ride down to The BBG it’s awful that they did nothing with It...

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Worst decision the club has ever made in its history was moving to the soulless LEGO bowl..

yep, last time i was over I went for a ride down to The BBG it’s awful that they did nothing with It...

You actually being serious.

Can I borrow your rose tinted glasses please and take a swig out of the bottle of nostalgia you're imbibing

6 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

That place had a heart, it had history it was home.

So will Pride Park in time, all those young fans walking up on Saturday afternoons, this is all they will have known. 

I went to the BBG a few times, but not enough to become overly attached to it. Pride Park for me is “home”, took my mum to see the Queen there, watched us play Barcelona, rip the big boys in the Premier League a new one. 

I also had a huge tub of Lego as a kid and I could build anything with that, but not a football stadium.

Pride Park has better facilities than the Baseball Ground, you don't get as wet, and it is more comfortable. As far as atmosphere however it's tumbleweed town in comparison.

14 minutes ago, David said:

So will Pride Park in time, all those young fans walking up on Saturday afternoons, this is all they will have known. 

I went to the BBG a few times, but not enough to become overly attached to it. Pride Park for me is “home”, took my mum to see the Queen there, watched us play Barcelona, rip the big boys in the Premier League a new one. 

I also had a huge tub of Lego as a kid and I could build anything with that, but not a football stadium.

Appreciate what your saying, my nephews love pride park . however I couldn't help it....

spacer.png

Sligo Rovers in the Irish league , was over there last year and heard the story , we got a shout out on the tannoy  at half time "to the 11 Derby County fans you,re welcome at The Rovers anytime" it was a 1-1 draw against St Patricks Athletic in case you,re wondering ! 

Archived