A poll to see which players DCFC fans think are good enough for top 6

rammieib

Which of our Players are genuinely top 6 good enough?  

243 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Brummie Steve said:

I searched, I searched, but all in vain.

Still can't see Louie Sibley's name.

Read my posts - bugs in the poll mean I couldn't add three additional lines back in... Sibley would have been one of those names - probably along with Anya (For a laugh) and Hamer/Clarke.

5 hours ago, Highgate said:

Yeah the percentages are all wrong, if they are there to tell us what percentage of posters voted for each player.  But it seems they are being measured against the total numbers of votes cast instead, rather than the total number of posters who have cast a vote.   

So if the average poster is voting for 8 players then the percentages are all just 1/8 of the value they should be. 

confused what are you doing GIF

so according to the voting so far it shows that...

GK - We don't have a goalkeeper good enough

RB- Bogle

LB - Lowe

CB - We don't have a centre half good enough

CB - We don't have a centre half good enough

DM - Bielik

DM - Bird

RW - Holmes

LW - Lawrence

CM - Rooney

CF - Waghorn

with Knight and Shinnie filing a couple of the midfield spots..... seems pretty accurate to me.

All good enough. Wonder how many Sheff Utd players their fans voted for that could challenge for top 4 in Prem at the start of last season.

Zoon and Roos could easily improve and become solid bench options if not more. I'd rather have Fozzy or Lowe over Malone but don't think our chances are gone if he end up our 2nd choice LB next season.

Our form AW (anno Wayne) this season is top 6 form so everyone is good enough.

Percentages, fractions, and averages.
Number of votes divided by number of voters.
Crucial (or not!) players missing from the list.
First team to squad back up, they all count.
Poll edits after people have voted.
Posters with headaches.
Missing Maddie look-a-likes.
Poster-shaming.
Soft furnishings refusing to cast a vote.
Sarcastic face-palms/head scratching gifs.
Players' family members topping up the votes.

This is all far too well thought out and well organised for me!

9 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Scott Malone getting hammered here, he was literally in a top six squad last season and looked really quite good at times. He is just massively inconsistent.

I mean... a) he is woeful and I'd rather have Gareth Roberts or Jay McEveley and b) that is literally what everyone hammers Lawrence for so why not Malone too?

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

I mean... a) he is woeful and I'd rather have Gareth Roberts or Jay McEveley and b) that is literally what everyone hammers Lawrence for so why not Malone too?

I wasnt defending him as much as expressing a bit of surprise that his % is so low. Most championship clubs would be happy to have a left back of his standard. You are right to compare him to Lawrence in a way, although when a defender makes mistakes or has an off day they tend to be punished a lot harder than attacking players which might explain why he is so poorly rated in comparison.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

At the very least, Malone is a squad player for a top 6 side (as evidenced by last season and Fulham in 16/17)

Good teams can make up for weak links, as the teams are greater than the sum of their parts. Also, I don't tend to subscribe to general thoughts that because it's happened at some point means that's the standard they are now. 2016 was 4 years ago, that's an eternity in footballing terms. It takes someone from being a kid to their prime, or their prime to past it.

Archived