Sign in to follow this  
rammieib

A poll to see which players DCFC fans think are good enough for top 6

Which of our Players are genuinely top 6 good enough?  

243 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah the percentages are all wrong, if they are there to tell us what percentage of posters voted for each player.  But it seems they are being measured against the total numbers of votes cast instead, rather than the total number of posters who have cast a vote.   

So if the average poster is voting for 8 players then the percentages are all just 1/8 of the value they should be. 

13 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Yeah the percentages are all wrong, if they are there to tell us what percentage of posters voted for each player.  But it seems they are being measured against the total numbers of votes cast instead, rather than the total number of posters who have cast a vote.   

So if the average poster is voting for 8 players then the percentages are all just 1/8 of the value they should be. 

Good point, so 7% equates to 56% as it is 8 times the value which still means no player has a strong consensus or support even Rooney and Holmes.

Just look at the number of votes cast for each individual against the total members who have voted.

Currently 56 members voted and 52 of them have voted for Rooney and Holmes, for example.

Good grief.

8 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Good point, so 7% equates to 56% as it is 8 times the value which still means no player has a strong consensus or support even Rooney and Holmes.

It would do...if people are actually voting for 8 players on average.  But that was just a guess on my part.  Maybe it's closer to 10 in which case the 7% equates to 70%.

Edited by Highgate

1 minute ago, Highgate said:

It would do...if people are actually voting for 8 players on average.  But that was just a guess on my part.  Maybe it's closer to 10 in which case the 7% equates to 70%.  Maybe we should calibrate the actual value off the Rooney/Holmes value of 7.73%, it's hard to imagine anyone saying that Rooney isn't good enough for the top 6, or Holmes for that matter on his current form.    That would mean that people are voting for a little under 13 players each. 

So if you multiply the % figure given by about 13 you'll get something close to the actual % of posters who think each player is good enough for the top 6.

May I refer you to.....

2 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

Just look at the number of votes cast for each individual against the total members who have voted.

Currently 56 members voted and 52 of them have voted for Rooney and Holmes, for example.

Good grief.

So, 93% of voters think Rooney & Holmes are good enough.

16 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

May I refer you to.....

So, 93% of voters think Rooney & Holmes are good enough.

Indeed you may..... noticing the number of members who voted figure would certainly have made things simpler. 

But you've got to wonder about those 7%.....  what are they looking for in a player ?

Interestingly after 67 members votings, people think we have 11.9 players good enough for the top 6 on average.  Should we doing a little better than we are?  Or do we have a rather optimistic view of our squad's talents?   Or maybe with injuries, you need more than 12 decent players to mount a challenge...it's a squad game after all. 

Edited by Highgate

4 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Indeed you may..... noticing the number of members who voted figure would certainly have made things simpler. 

But you've got to wonder about those 7%.....  what are they looking for in a player ?

They need to....

ashamed spider man GIF by Cheezburger

Just now, Highgate said:

If it helps, I accidentally clicked on ‘Chris Martin’ and submitted it without adding anyone else...

...fortunately it’s also what I actually think.

2 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

If it helps, I accidentally clicked on ‘Chris Martin’ and submitted it without adding anyone else...

...fortunately it’s also what I actually think.

Well it was an accurate vote then.  That might put you at the extreme end of the Chris Martin Appreciation Spectrum...but at least it wasn't messing up the figures! 🙂

I’ve voted for players I think are good enough to start in a top six side, that makes the most sense imo. I’d actually argue most of them are tbh, think people often overestimate the quality needed to make the top six in the championship- some pretty poor and inconsistent teams have made it in in the past off the back of the odd decent run of form. Top 2 is of course the far more difficult prospect to achieve, clearly the level of consistency needed requires a far higher quality side, so my answer would be very different in that case. But you really don’t have to be the cream of the crop to get in the top 6 - we’ve got in without being that great before - so I don’t think many listed there would be out of their depth in a side at that level.

The reason why we haven’t been able to mount a challenge this season is imo down to that fact that we are missing quality in a couple of vital positions - centre back and wingers. On the whole, we’re not actually too far off, and if we hadn’t have been quite so poo before Rooney joined then we might have stood a chance.

18 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Interestingly after 67 members votings, people think we have 11.9 players good enough for the top 6 on average.  Should we doing a little better than we are?  Or do we have a rather optimistic view of our squad's talents?   Or maybe with injuries, you need more than 12 decent players to mount a challenge...it's a squad game after all. 

Those 11.9 could all be 2nd or even 3rd choice squad members as opposed to first 11 picks

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

I'm just interested to see which players our fans think are good enough for a top 6 challenge next season from the current squad.

I selected everyone except FloJo (think he's done here tbh) and Whittaker (who I haven't seen enough of and hasn't stepped up yet in the way Bird and Knight have)

Add a quality permanent keeper and CB to that mix - Plus a couple of good loans for the wing and that squad can challenge - It's taken a while for the team to adjust to what Cocu wants but I genuinely believe the turnaround in form since Rooney arrived has been 'the plan' finally landing - A couple of extra quality players and a more organised defence is all this squad needs to find the consistency to challenge

There is only one team in the league with more points than us at home - We are not that bad - Just inconsistent and lacking in concentration (IMO) away from home