A poll to see which players DCFC fans think are good enough for top 6

rammieib

Which of our Players are genuinely top 6 good enough?  

243 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I'm just interested to see which players our fans think are good enough for a top 6 challenge next season from the current squad.

Should probably be qualified that it's for the squad right, not necessarily starting?

Also, Clarke won't be here regardless.

@David Found a bug in the poll. I deleted options 2,6,11 when I was running out of room but got all the way down to 25. Now it won't let me add a further three names in there so as you can see from the list there are 22 names. Make sense?

For instance, I could add Ravas, Sibley and anya into the options if it would let me add three more rows back into the voting options.

5 minutes ago, Srg said:

Should probably be qualified that it's for the squad right, not necessarily starting?

Also, Clarke won't be here regardless.

Probably fair to say that as someone like Sibley (which isn't in there at the moment but I'm hoping David will add it in) would be squad for sure but 100% someone we would keep.

How the hell have only 2% voted Martin? Yet 5% vote Marriott when he has done nothing this season and looked out of sorts,

I voted-  Bogle, Lowe , Bird, Shinnie , Bielik, Knight, Rooney, Holmes, Lawrence , Martin and Waghorn but a few  of those I would have on the bench or start maybe only 25%-40% of games those are the players who are good enough to be in and around the team for me. Harsh on Marriott but if he isn't going to play at all and can't stay fit we should look to cut our losses on him and buy another striker as harsh as that is. Out of the players good enough to build a team around and start every week, Holmes, Bird and Rooney and that's it for me., Bielik is a bit of an unknown with his injury and his inconsistent form prior to it but he could have a key role.

Everyone on that list is good enough to finish in the top 6, not necessarily as a starter but playing their part. 

Sammon had 42 appearances the season we finished third. Paul Coutts, Lee Naylor and Ben Davies were also given a handful of appearances. They were not what you would class at top six players, but they were in a top six squad. 

We've got a young squad that will develop at an unknown rate - Whittaker could be our best striker this time next season, who knows. Players will come and players will go. If we can get the recruitment right then we don't need much at all.  

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Everyone on that list is good enough to finish in the top 6, not necessarily as a starter but playing their part. 

Sammon had 42 appearances the season we finished third. Paul Coutts, Lee Naylor and Ben Davies were also given a handful of appearances. They were not what you would class at top six players, but they were in a top six squad. 

We've got a young squad that will develop at an unknown rate - Whittaker could be our best striker this time next season, who knows. Players will come and players will go. If we can get the recruitment right then we don't need much at all.  

Maybe a better question would be, What players would you build around for the core of the squad in a promotion challenge next season? 

Then people would only vote for the players who we should look to start week in week out and not players who may be good enough as subs or players who play only when a lot are injured. In that case Lowe, Bogle ,Rooney, Bird ,Holmes and Lawrence and 1 of either Waghorn or Martin for me and that's it.

21 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Most, if not all are good enough for at least a top 6 squad.

....just not playing with each other ?

Archived