v Huddersfield Town (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

27 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I think it’s important to remember that young players like Bogle want to be trusted, given responsibility and will relish playing as many games as possible and being a key part of the team. 

Just like Bogle felt under Lampard.

It might seriously knock his confidence to be in and out of the side and he may start wondering if the manager trusts him and has faith in his ability.

True but in pure form terms he hasn’t been on fire. He’s a grown up now and a reminder that life can be tough won’t hurt. It’s the balance of encouragement and life lessons. If he falls apart cos he got dropped after a poor game then what does that say about reserves of character? 

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Bogle has played most of the games this season - he isn't in and out of the side. You play poorly, as Bogle has done several times this season, you get dropped. If missing one game makes him lose his faith in the manager we had better get rid sooner rather than later.

OK, but does every player respond to being dropped in the same way?

Look at last season. Tomori and Bogle were two young lads finding their feet and they were virtually ever present.

As a result, they played football with smiles on their faces and carried themselves with confidence and enthusiasm.

Some players just need to feel trusted, and to know that if they have a bad game, the manager will give them a chance to redeem themselves.

And if Cocu had picked Bogle and Lowe today, the same posters would be pointing out how poor the pair played on Wednesday night, and pointing out why Cocu shouldn't have picked them today. 

If they both can take a knock, and both can realise that there defending wasn't good enough on Wednesday, then both should be able to come back stronger and defend strongly for the good of the team and effect the overall result for all of us.

43 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Incredibly harsh on Lowe that for me. Wasn’t great defensively but he was our biggest attacking threat for me. I can understand dropping Bogle to try and get a bit more defensive quality and resilience into the backline, but dropping both fullbacks leaves us with a defence that looks very slow and lacks a fair bit in distribution quality. I worry about our play out the back today. But I suppose that’s the trade off for bringing a bit of experience back in the side. It’s difficult for Cocu as we don’t really have a backline that gives us everything we need so I do feel for him. But I do fear he’s gone too far the other way with that defence, and we might struggle to play the ball out under pressure, which we did well the other night.

Rest of the team is of course as expected.

Fozzy is equally productive 

lowe gets forward more but fozzy has much better end product 

3 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Look at last season. Tomori and Bogle were two young lads finding their feet and they were virtually ever present.

As a result, they played football with smiles on their faces and carried themselves with confidence and enthusiasm.

Some players just need to feel trusted, and to know that if they have a bad game, the manager will give them a chance to redeem themselves.

If he is so mentally fragile that being rested for a single game throws him totally off then I would question his ability to cut it at the top level full stop. He's a big boy now, he will cope.

Pretty dull first 5. Huddersfield have put a few crosses in, we've put one in. All were defended simply. Neither team is passing particularly well.

46 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I think it’s important to remember that young players like Bogle want to be trusted, given responsibility and will relish playing as many games as possible and being a key part of the team. 

Just like Bogle felt under Lampard.

It might seriously knock his confidence to be in and out of the side and he may start wondering if the manager trusts him and has faith in his ability.

Might also make him realise that if hr has a poor game he gets dropped, you are only as good as your last match

Martin nabs the ball off Huddersfield and he trundles forward; manages to slot a square pass through multiple defenders but its inches away from Waghorn, knocked back to the Huddersfield keeper. 

6 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Yes I am sure they will never play for Derby again - that was their last chance and they will never get another one - shame really...

If they need to play every single game to "feel trusted" they have no future as professional footballers. Every other player in the team is regularly rotated out - I fail to see why Bogle and Lowe should be any different especially after poor performances.

Initial corner is cleared, but Huddersfield work it back and look dangerous. It's defended again and the ball is worked to Forstyh who threads a lovely ball up the line to Lawrence. TL tries to play it with the outside of his boot to find Waghorn but toe-pokes it out for a goal kick.

Huddersfield then work a chance to shoot from Campbell but Roos saves well.

1 minute ago, GenBr said:

Yes I am sure they will never play for Derby again - that was their last chance and they will never get another one - shame really...

If they need to play every single game to "feel trusted" they have no future as professional footballers. Every other player in the team is regularly rotated out - I fail to see why Bogle and Lowe should be any different especially after poor performances.

Because that sort of sensible thinking doesn't fit with the right narrative for people that don't like Cocu.

Indirect FK is straight at Roos at a comfortable height but he chooses to punch and it goes vertically into the air.

Clarke then collides with a Huddersfield man while clearing it and the latter is receiving treatment.

Archived