v Huddersfield Town (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Bogle has a bad game all round so gets dropped
Forsyth was rested midweek so comes back in after playing well previously. 

Exactly.  Bogles played pretty much every game.  Why would you not rest him after he's had one of his poorest games.? Forsyths experience will probably help in the conditions.  Not the end of the world for either Bogld or Lowe to miss this one out 

Incredibly harsh on Lowe that for me. Wasn’t great defensively but he was our biggest attacking threat for me. I can understand dropping Bogle to try and get a bit more defensive quality and resilience into the backline, but dropping both fullbacks leaves us with a defence that looks very slow and lacks a fair bit in distribution quality. I worry about our play out the back today. But I suppose that’s the trade off for bringing a bit of experience back in the side. It’s difficult for Cocu as we don’t really have a backline that gives us everything we need so I do feel for him. But I do fear he’s gone too far the other way with that defence, and we might struggle to play the ball out under pressure, which we did well the other night.

Rest of the team is of course as expected.

I think it’s important to remember that young players like Bogle want to be trusted, given responsibility and will relish playing as many games as possible and being a key part of the team. 

Just like Bogle felt under Lampard.

It might seriously knock his confidence to be in and out of the side and he may start wondering if the manager trusts him and has faith in his ability.

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

I think it’s important to remember that young players like Bogle want to be trusted, given responsibility and will relish playing as many games as possible and being a key part of the team. 

It might seriously knock his confidence to be in and out of the side and he may start wondering if the manager trusts him and has faith in his ability.

Welcome to the real world 

Just now, Jourdan said:

It's one game and he also has to realise that if he doesnt hit the right standards there are others in the team that can come in for him.

I can't wait for the bedwetters to come in and slam Cocu if we don't win today, this will be one of the first things that gets thrown at him.

That's the side we should have played mid week [players being fit and able and all that]. Bogle and Lowe in for the home game . Fozzie when he's fit and on it is still the best left back in the club ,Wisdom defensively is the best right back ,offensively Bogle all day long .

I am and always have been a big fan of Lowe ,his time will come.

18 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Bogle has played most of the games this season - he isn't in and out of the side. You play poorly, as Bogle has done several times this season, you get dropped. If missing one game makes him lose his faith in the manager we had better get rid sooner rather than later.

3 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Bogle has played most of the games this season - he isn't in and out of the side. You play poorly, as Bogle has done several times this season, you get dropped. If missing one game makes him lose his faith in the manager we had better get rid sooner rather than later.

It’s the right call 

hes a young talented player that is still learning his game

nigel clough quite rightly said sometimes young players need to sometimes come and sit on the sideline and watch what others do, learn and reflect on their own game 

game time is massively important but in the name of development so is recognising your faults and weaknesses

he has plenty of time, he will get their ... as will max 

Archived