Forum Self-Censorship...

Mucker1884

A little convo going on elsewhere, but it's off topic, so thought I'd bring it in here.

@David mentions a behind-the-scenes-auto-spell-corrector type thing going on, and we all know there's some auto-censorship for naughty words (rightly so), but does anyone else do their own censoring?

I have to admit, I'm an avid user of industrial language, but I've been writing the (actual) word "poo" on here for quite a while now!  And of course, the word "Bamford" just flows from the fingertips... probably quicker than the 4 letter option!
I've also started using "effing", but not sure that's quite censored enough!  

Anyway, anyone else deliberately "softening down" their language on here?  I guess it's all for the good, to be fair!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

A little convo going on elsewhere, but it's off topic, so thought I'd bring it in here.

@David mentions a behind-the-scenes-auto-spell-corrector type thing going on, and we all know there's some auto-censorship for naughty words (rightly so), but does anyone else do their own censoring?

I have to admit, I'm an avid user of industrial language, but I've been writing the (actual) word "poo" on here for quite a while now!  And of course, the word "Bamford" just flows from the fingertips... probably quicker than the 4 letter option!

Anyway, anyone else deliberately "softening down" their language on here?  I guess it's all for the good, to be fair!

What are you on about? You two-hat!! ??

28 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Duck off...you wouldn't catch me doing that. 

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

What a Billy Hunt.

Archived