Playoff Hopefuls OR Young Champions of Europe

desirelines

Playoff Hopefuls OR Youth Champions of Europe  

157 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Young ones are the future for DCFC.

More than one of them have suggested that they feel like family.

Great basis for team cohesion.

Bucketsfull of talent too, which helps!

The Prem can wait a bit longer.....

(Might be nice to beat Man Ure and go on to win the FA Cup for a second time though!)

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

It would be interesting to ask the U19 squad which they would rather, say, play a couple of times for the 1st team, or win the UEFA Youth Cup. (I'd hope they'd all say win the Cup.)

Or to make it like for like, you could ask them on their own, and confidentiality, because as a group I'm sure they'd say the cup,  'would you rather be playing for the first team as they make the playoffs or win the cup?'

2 hours ago, Brummie Steve said:

(Might be nice to beat Man Ure and go on to win the FA Cup for a second time though!)

Firstly, I think you waaaaayy overestimate the correlation between players feeling like a family and team cohesion.

The latter is down to the manager and ability of the players, not how much they like each other.

Secondly, the Premier League been waiting for well over a decade. We have no way of knowing how these players will turn out. You don't put of success now for success in the future based on nothing more than potential.

10 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Firstly, I think you waaaaayy overestimate the correlation between players feeling like a family and team cohesion.

The latter is down to the manager and ability of the players, not how much they like each other.

Secondly, the Premier League been waiting for well over a decade. We have no way of knowing how these players will turn out. You don't put of success now for success in the future based on nothing more than potential.

So now we know!

4 hours ago, Brummie Steve said:

Not convinced personally but reckon Neil might be the cb we've been looking for.....?

spacer.png

I love the youth but it's gotta be the playoffs. Is a question worth asking, as can be seen from the current state of the poll. 

However, it's the first team that is everything. Last season was a poor game at Wembley that was there for the taking. There's no reason we couldn't win them if we made the top 6 this time around. 

Archived