Playoff Hopefuls OR Young Champions of Europe

desirelines

Playoff Hopefuls OR Youth Champions of Europe  

157 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A "bash" at the playoffs vs lifting the youth cup? 

I'll take the youth cup ? 

Moot though; we're going to win the playoffs and the youth cup; probably the FA Cup too.

49 minutes ago, desirelines said:

What would we rather see this season? Rooney and co having a bash at the playoffs? Or Sibley and the youngsters lifting a cup? 

I need clarification here... Are you saying we only scrape in, "have a bash", but categorically do not win them?  Then the kids would get my vote.  Who wants another PO failure anyway, even if it does bring in some extra dosh (and potential excitement, of course)!

However, if this fantasy of yours includes for the possibility of winning the PO's, then of course, the grown up's get my vote.

...As you can probably gather, I haven't, as yet, voted, and I seriously doubt I will, until such clarification is forthcoming!  

18 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I need clarification here... Are you saying we only scrape in, "have a bash", but categorically do not win them?  Then the kids would get my vote.  Who wants another PO failure anyway, even if it does bring in some extra dosh (and potential excitement, of course)!

However, if this fantasy of yours includes for the possibility of winning the PO's, then of course, the grown up's get my vote.

...As you can probably gather, I haven't, as yet, voted, and I seriously doubt I will, until such clarification is forthcoming!  

Oh damn - I voted for the kids as I ASSUMED!! (D'oh) that a bash at the playoffs sounded like failure

2 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

Oh damn - I voted for the kids as I ASSUMED!! (D'oh) that a bash at the playoffs sounded like failure

And you know what they say about "Assume"!  

Looks like you've made a grave error, my friend... word is, we can win the bloody thing!  

"A fool and his vote are soon parted"!

Youth Cup. 

That stinks of a promising future. 

Play Offs stinks of potential heartbreak. Premier League can wait.

Look at the list of teams in the youth cup still and it seems weird us being there. To win it would be one hell of an achievement for Derby!!

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Youth Cup. 

That stinks of a promising future. 

Play Offs stinks of potential heartbreak. Premier League can wait.

Look at the list of teams in the youth cup still and it seems weird us being there. To win it would be one hell of an achievement for Derby!!

Both obviously but faced with an either or I'd reluctantly agree with @Alpha's appraisal. Maybe the ideal scenario would be the Youth Cup this year and the Championship next year by which time Phil may have assembled the team he wants and one that can not only reach the Prem, but stay there.

Archived