MM at Strensham services

Mazzaram

Saturday morning, travelling down to Swansea, we stopped at Strensham Services on the M5. Just having a McDonald's breakfast. I spot Mel Morris. I pluck up the courage to walk over to him to say hello. With a cheery smile, he asks me how I am. I offer to shake his hand. He shows me that both his hands are full of ketchup capsules and says he'd willingly shake my hand, but does not want to get sauce all over me! My son is sniggering in the background. 'He's left you hanging Dad!' (Can't help thinking that Mel should fill his hands with something far less pleasant and then offer to shake the hands of Steve Gibson and the EFL!!).

Fantastic day, however, and a fantastic win. Max Bird, what a hero. Mel Morris, what a guy!!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, mozza said:

Breakfast and Mel eh,  winning combination, bet his had bacon and sausages. The man still owes a few of us a full English.. ??

I disagree mate. Breakfast and Mel is a complete shambles. Half the time there's not bacon or sausage and when there is bacon or sausage then he puts that red sauce on it. 

I tell you what, Gibson has brown sauce all day long. Well done bacon, fried egg, pinch of black pepper and some brown. That's what they're having in Middlesbrough. Proper honest chairman food that. 

14 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I disagree mate. Breakfast and Mel is a complete shambles. Half the time there's not bacon or sausage and when there is bacon or sausage then he puts that red sauce on it. 

I tell you what, Gibson has brown sauce all day long. Well done bacon, fried egg, pinch of black pepper and some brown. That's what they're having in Middlesbrough. Proper honest chairman food that. 

Thought they had parmo drenched in misery source seasoned with soot and a pinch of bitters for breakfast?

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

Ketchup on a breakfast? You put brown sauce on a breakfast. Ketchup is for burgers and people aged under 16.

Is no-one going to raise that if he was merely holding capsules of ketchup he could have just put them down; and an inability to shake someone's hand suggests that he's been using it as a moisturiser? 

4 hours ago, Mazzaram said:

Saturday morning, travelling down to Swansea, we stopped at Strensham Services on the M5. Just having a McDonald's breakfast. I spot Mel Morris. I pluck up the courage to walk over to him to say hello. With a cheery smile, he asks me how I am. I offer to shake his hand. He shows me that both his hands are full of ketchup capsules and says he'd willingly shake my hand, but does not want to get sauce all over me! My son is sniggering in the background. 'He's left you hanging Dad!' (Can't help thinking that Mel should fill his hands with something far less pleasant and then offer to shake the hands of Steve Gibson and the EFL!!).

Fantastic day, however, and a fantastic win. Max Bird, what a hero. Mel Morris, what a guy!!

Both hands? That’s a lot of ketchup for one guy. . . ?

3 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Both hands? That’s a lot of ketchup for one guy. . . ?

Money is tight. He was taking them back to the canteen at Moor Farm. If you'd checked his pockets you'd have found a fistful of plastic coffee stirrers.

Archived