v Bristol City (A) - Matchday Thread

OohMartWright

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, wixman1884 said:

i cant help but get extra excited when martin starts. no idea why i have such emotional investment in a single player but here we are. absolute man crush.

Yep . . . and that barring from every public house in Suffolk is so poetically intriguing . . . 

20 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Jozefzoon off the bench to win it.

19 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

You know what! That would not surprise me

I suspect it'd shock me white and make me defecate in my trousers with surprise.

I'd take that as an outcome tonight though, frankly. Being white haired, and pooey of trouser, but with three precious points in the bank.

I can’t help feeling PC has got a real feel for the structure he wants to play and the best he has available to fit that.

The Fast boys on the defensive flanks tonight and away from home, I think we can conclude he has thrown off the careful hat in the light of our better form.

Win tonight and Saturday is going to be a bit special 

On 10/02/2020 at 19:13, Rammed79 said:

Hamer

Bogle   Wisdom    Clarke    Lowe 

Bird   Rooney 

Waghorn       Holmes       Lawrence 

Martin 

This is my choice although Forsyth at left back would also be good.

Finally I called it correct never usually 

Very very surprised fozzy is out 

gives us a solid platform at left back, lowe is excellent but like bogle will have big wobbles within a game, fozzy is much more a steady Eddie and it’s not like he can’t create 

he also gives us much needed height in what will otherwise be quite a small back line and it’s not like we’re not susceptible from set pieces as it stands anyhow 

2 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

If anyone wasn't aware, the game is available on Sky Sports Action.

So if you have Sky Go and don't normally have access to the red button capability, you can still watch it for free. 

Same applies for those of us with SkySports through NOWTV.  We don't get the red button games, but all good tonight.  ?

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

gives us a solid platform at left back, lowe is excellent but like bogle will have big wobbles within a game, fozzy is much more a steady Eddie and it’s not like he can’t create 

he also gives us much needed height in what will otherwise be quite a small back line and it’s not like we’re not susceptible from set pieces as it stands anyhow 

LB is a more demanding position and I betting Cocu is protecting him.

4 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Id agree that Forsyth is good in the air but I would have still picked Lowe over him, Lowe is faster and much better at driving the team forward which helps when you play a narrow front line, also I find the idea Forsyth is a steady Eddie abit of a misconception, yes he isn't bad defensively bad I remember countless games where he has been torn apart by fast wingers even at his peak he doesn't get tight or aggressive enough to the winger for my liking even though he is usually in the right area to block crosses I still think at times giving wingers too much space due to not being that fast can be a problem. Cocu probably wants more attacking play from our fullbacks, set pieces will always be a problem with the players we have, 1 player won't change that too much although it does help, definitely think we need a commanding centre back and a new GK in the summer.

30 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Yep . . . and that barring from every public house in Suffolk is so poetically intriguing . . . 

Apparently he was with a bunch of blokes who got banned from a pub in Norwich, and they have a rule that if you're banned from 1 pub in Norwich, you're automatically banned from them all. So it's not quite what it seems!

13 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

If anyone wasn't aware, the game is available on Sky Sports Action.

So if you have Sky Go and don't normally have access to the red button capability, you can still watch it for free. 

That’s very interesting, I didn’t know there was a sky sports action channel. So can I access this if I have sky go but don’t have a sky sports subscription? I think I’ve found the channel but it says I have to upgrade my subscription. 

Archived