v Bristol City (A) - Matchday Thread

OohMartWright

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have Bird and Shinnie in the holding Role.

And a front four off Holmes , Lawrence,Waghorn and the great 

ROONEY all interchanging and I think that four is as good as anything in this league with Marriott and Martin available if we need to change it.

The Rams are on a Roll and  let’s keep chasing them down and a lot of them will crack.

The Rams are heading for the playoffs.

16 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Owhh that’s my banker parking spot at Brizzle, mainly for ease back onto motorway. Any other ideas on parking?

Bristol City fan here, to be honest I would only really recommend the cricket club as previously mentioned, there are real problems with parking schemes around the ground at the moment. Unless you are there early enough I wouldn't even bother trying to find street parking.

I've not heard of any problems parking on the estate as mentioned before, it is now more common with away supporters since the away fans were switched from the other end of the ground the other year.

For anyone not been to the cricket club before, below are some directions from Bedminster Cricket clubs website:

Match Day
We offer parking for all Bristol City FC and Bristol Rugby home matches (including Boxing Day) at Ashton Gate Stadium, for only £10. There is no rush after the final whistle, our ground is open until the last car leaves.

The ground is a quick 5 minute walk from Ashton Gate Stadium, with the bar open on all match days and food served for Bristol City FC games.

All proceeds go to the Cricket Club to help preserve the ground during season as well as the development of our youth teams.

Parking cannot be reserved, it is on a first come first served basis. We are clearly signposted along Clanage Road, just after the City Maze if you are coming from the M5, or first turning on the right if you are coming from the direction of Ashton Gate.

The other advantage parking here you are the right end of the ground should you want to go to any of the pubs mentioned above, or even just to go straight to the away turnstiles.

There are lots of bars outside the ground now, there is a fanzone aimed at home supporters (if you go down the right hand side of the ground), which always welcomes away supporters, where there is every kind of food and drink you could want with live music too.

There is often an away fanzone too, but with the poor weather down here at the moment, I am not sure if this is happening tonight

For anyone that hasn't been in the Atyeo stand before, when you first walk in you will see a food and drink kiosk, the mistake people make is thinking this is the only kiosk but if you continue through the doors and up the stairs there are more kiosks and a bigger area to congregate.

One pub that isn't mentioned above that does let away supporters in, is called The Tobacco Factory, it is about a 10 minute walk from the away end.

By the away end you will see a big park on the opposite side of the road, with the away end BEHIND ypu (looking at the park) follow the road to the right, you will pass The Rising Sun and Coopers (home pubs), follow the road around to the right.

In the distance you will see an Aldi store (DON'T park here they use cameras to check length of time parking etc) walk past Aldi and you will see a massive big red bricked buildings on the left (the first half you pass is a "Thali" restaurant, and the entrance to The Tobacco Factory is on the corner, lots of away fans use this venue and mix with locals etc. If you are hungry there is a decent chip shop on the opposite side of the road

Safe journey to anyone travelling - at least the high winds have dropped but it is still baltic down here

This was the game we had to win last year to keep the momentum going to make the playoffs. Not in the same bracket this year but would be some statement if we can go there and get the win. Back to back away wins would be huge. 

Not going but armchair fan for the night in this one! COYR 

1 hour ago, DcfcMatt said:

Does anybody know if Sky Sports Action is available on Now TV?

That's my plan, and I just took it for granted it was... until you piped up!

... Anyway, I'm not at home, but just checked my NOWTV app on mobile, and yes, Sky Sports Action is on there. (Currently Sporting Records...Ryan Giggs). 

So we're all good!  Phew! 

COYRs

I didn't realise just how bad Bristol City have been at home. 

Last six home games - lost 4 won 2: 
Bristol City 1 - 2 Millwall - 14th away from home
Bristol City 0 - 2 Blackburn - 12th away from home
Bristol City 3 - 0 Luton - joint worst away record in the league (6pts)
Bristol City 0 - 4 Brentford - 5th away from home
Bristol City 1 - 0 Barnsley - joint worst away record in the league (6pts)
Bristol City 1 - 3 Birmingham - 8th away from home

We've won 2, drawn 2 and lost 1 in our last six away games - including Palace. 

I'll say it ever so quietly, but you've got to fancy us to pull off an 'upset' tonight. 

18 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I didn't realise just how bad Bristol City have been at home. 

Last six home games - lost 4 won 2: 
Bristol City 1 - 2 Millwall - 14th away from home
Bristol City 0 - 2 Blackburn - 12th away from home
Bristol City 3 - 0 Luton - joint worst away record in the league (6pts)
Bristol City 0 - 4 Brentford - 5th away from home
Bristol City 1 - 0 Barnsley - joint worst away record in the league (6pts)
Bristol City 1 - 3 Birmingham - 8th away from home

We've won 2, drawn 2 and lost 1 in our last six away games - including Palace. 

I'll say it ever so quietly, but you've got to fancy us to pull off an 'upset' tonight. 

I fancy Old Fruity to pull off whatever the score.........?

Archived