v Bristol City (A) - Matchday Thread

OohMartWright

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m glad it wasn’t just me slightly bemused that we played well especially second half but lost. Feeling positive and certainly not ‘down in defeat’. Put it right Saturday please Rams and we can still have just the slightest of ‘maybe, it’s a funny old game’. 

29 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Fair enough. 

Maybe due to obsession with young players playing by the club and Mel Morris 

Who would you play in the positions the youngsters are playing in ? 

For me, this is a dead season, some may call it a transitional one, call it what you like but I think it’s an ideal opportunity to see which of the young players will have a future as first teamers, barring the EFL hitting us with a mega points deduction, we ain’t going down and we ain’t got the unity and character of a Sheffield United so we aren’t going up so let’s use the remainder of the season positively, sort out the wheat from the chaff and get ready to roll next August.

12 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

For me, this is a dead season, some may call it a transitional one, call it what you like but I think it’s an ideal opportunity to see which of the young players will have a future as first teamers, barring the EFL hitting us with a mega points deduction, we ain’t going down and we ain’t got the unity and character of a Sheffield United so we aren’t going up so let’s use the remainder of the season positively, sort out the wheat from the chaff and get ready to roll next August.

If you think the Academy is the answer in isolation to get us promoted that’s fine. 

I don't .

But for Rooney we would be doing worse and he only has one more season maximum IMO 

PS If we get a points deduction it will most likely be next season 

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

If you think the Academy is the answer in isolation to get us promoted that’s fine. 

I don't 

I don’t think it is for a moment however I do think nurturing the likes of Bird and Knight, not forgetting Sibley might save us money we could redirect to other positions in the squad where quality replacements will prove costly when money is not as freely available as it has been in recent years. Quality experience with a mixture of young enthusiasm is the way forward for me. ?

Suprised none of you have mentioned how Bristol City managed to make the time magically dissapear from the 72 min to 80 minute mark by faking injuries, taking ages to get a player off the pitch who magically got straight back on it, after every player had a water break and taking forever to make substitutions etc. 

I'll just have to do it for you.

Suprised none of you have mentioned how the Sky Commentators were enjoying how wonderfully we were playing for the first 35 minutes of the first half and were expecting us to win the game no problem. But they didn't pick up on the time wasting by Bristol City and the lack of time added on for it, a lousy 4 minutes which Cocu and Martin mentioned after the game. And that one of the Sky Commentators appeared to be Stan Collymore.

I'll just after to do it for you.

16 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Suprised none of you have mentioned how the Sky Commentators were enjoying how wonderfully we were playing for the first 35 minutes of the first half and were expecting us to win the game no problem. But they didn't pick up on the time wasting by Bristol City and the lack of time added on for it, a lousy 4 minutes which Cocu and Martin mentioned after the game. And that one of the Sky Commentators appeared to be Stan Collymore.

He sounded like Stan Collymore

20 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

4 minutes added on. The best part of a minute for a throw in and close to that again for a goal kick to be taken. Full time at 4 minutes and 6 seconds ?

1 hour ago, Pearl Ram said:

I don’t think it is for a moment however I do think nurturing the likes of Bird and Knight, not forgetting Sibley might save us money we could redirect to other positions in the squad where quality replacements will prove costly when money is not as freely available as it has been in recent years. Quality experience with a mixture of young enthusiasm is the way forward for me. ?

You will never get @Curtains to understand.

20 minutes ago, philmycocu said:

Isn't he just a wummer?

Sometimes I think now come on Curtains, other times I enjoy the randomness of his posts. Maybe he is a bit of a wind up merchant but he never comes across as sickening as that attention seeking eejit who’s under the illusion his opinion is fact.

3 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

If we are found guilty of breaking any rules and providing any points deduction is on par with other 'first offenders' (i.e. no more than 9), my greater concern would be a transfer ban of one window, meaning this Summer. It would put Cocu in a straitjacket as far as improving the squad and moulding it into playing the system he wants - at least we know, barring a serious injury, we have a new central defender coming in for next season - the EFL can't take that away from us no matter how much they might want to!

Archived