v Bristol City (A) - Matchday Thread

OohMartWright

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

That’s all folks. We were robbed - both by ourselves, and the ref. That’s the season over I fear sadly. Still some very good signs mind. Just that defending that needs sorting out. Can’t be conceding three goals a game away from home and expect to win.

Oh right, was this the last game of the season? 

Just now, Yani P said:

Can't get my head around Cocu and subs.. We are 3-0 down.. He makes one.. We get back to 3-2 and he still doesn't bother until the last minute and only uses one.. 

What is it about him.. Surely using subs should be part of a complete game strategy.. Especially with how busy February is.. 

Just makes no sense.. 

We were murdering them...looked likely to score, so why change?

What a bizarre game. Take away 10 mins either side of half time & our appalling set piece defending, we actually played well.

Dominated them at times, only criticism being (like Luton) we didnt create that much until that last 25 mins. Bit more cutting edge, massive improvement needed on set pieces & we'll be tough to stop.

Full time thoughts:

That ref needs arresting, actual ducking banker.

Bogle, Wisdom, Lowe, let us down with calamitous defending.

Apart from that, we played well.

Deserved 1, if not 3 points from that.

we showed we are improving away from home except for them blips where we conceded.

It’s not the end of the world.

Onto Saturday now.

Come on you rams...

P.S. you can have the 3 points Lee Johnson, it won’t make you any taller, get some stilts.... rick.

Shocking defending. I’d go as far as saying we need a new back four all along the back line. It’s great one minute but awful the next. (one of them sorted with the Dutch guy)

Weird decision to leave out Forsyth.

If Bogle can generate cash I would do it. In this division we need height and power as defending set pieces have been our down fall for years.

Anyway must not get too down in the lows and for the same reason too high on the highs. It’s just a reality check for our fans tonight - we’re still a long way away with this team and it needs a number of new players to improve it.

Archived