OohMartWright

32 minutes ago, JustOneChrissyMartin said:

Hamer

Wisdom      Davies      Clarke     Fozzy

Shinnie       Bird  

Holmes           Rooney (C)        Lawrence 

Waggy  

Subs- Roos, Bogle, Lowe, Knight, Whittaker, Martin, Marriott 

Cocu would prefer right footer in the Shinnie position based on past comments.

Clarke/Davies is also lacking pace for a team that does not go for hoof it game.

I would expect Bogle to be in alongside Wisdom at centre back (Davis on bench) and knight in in place of Shinnie.

Should be a good game...

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

The win at Brizzle City last season made me think we might actually go up. When the chips were down we showed our true strength and won 0-2. I thought I'd remind myself of that game at the end of April: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47994358

1057175645_2019BristolCityaway.thumb.JPG.a67b9b612af3cfc8fd9fb59e89f90bc4.JPG

Wow! Less that 10 months later we are playing with an entirely different team. At this point I'd say there are only 2 guaranteed starters from that last game in Lawrence and Waghorn. Bogle might make it 3. Roos and Malone could take it up to 5. Of the 18 unless Josefzoon is brought in from the cold or Tom Huddlestone springs up off his injury bed, only Jack Marriott will add to those numbers. Just 6 out of 18 players - that is the nature of the revolution being wrought at Derby.

Shinnie and Davies apparently had a good impact on the Swansea win (if the matchthread is to be believed). Do they stay in? After all, Martin had made a big impact in the prior games but was dropped. It's good that Max Bird is seizing his chance and playing well. Lowe's suspension is over. Is Fozzy capable of three games in a week? Will Marriott have a run? Will Sibley become a regular, at least on the bench, before the season's out? Ben Hamer is shortly to drop out because he can't play against his Huddersfield team on Saturday anyway. Does he make way for this, on a ground where Roos kept a clean sheet last season? I was surprised by Cocu today. For Wednesday I think we'll see:

Roos

Bogle     Wisdom     Clarke     Lowe

Bird       Shinnie

Holmes     Rooney     Lawrence

Waghorn

Subs:  Hamer Davies Forsyth Knight Sibley Martin Marriott

I wasn't at the game yesterday but, why drop Hamer? Was he poor against Swansea? 

In our last 5 away games at Brizzle we are W3 D1 L1 and while they sit comfortably clear of us right now, after ending their play-off hopes with an unlikely run into the top 6 last season, they might be forgiven for looking nervously over their shoulders given our current run of form.

Not fussed about our away form. It's a headset thing and I think we are starting to overcome the mental block in any case. Nobody will really want to be playing us right now and rightly so, so I hope we approach the game with a positive mindset.

Suspect this game will be settled in midfield. If we get a foothold I can see us winning the game. It'll be interesting to see how they try to nullify Wazza, assuming they do, but with Waggers, Martin, Lawrence and Homeless all looking real attacking threats right now, focussing too much on Wayne might create opportunities for others.

My head says 1-1 but my heart says we are due a solid defensive performance so I'm thinking 2-0 with Waggers and Lawrence grabbing the goals. 

I'd like to see us set up something along the following lines...

Hamer

Bogle      Wisdom      Clarke      Lowe (Fozzy)

Rooney

Holmes (Knight)            Bird

Lawrence 

Waghorn              Martin

Tough on Fozzy and Jason as both have shown decent form recently, but the midfield picks itself on current form and Lawrence is beginning to blossom under the patient tutelage of Cocu and his team. If we can weather the early storm and get a foothold in the game, I can see us giving Brizzle plenty to think about. If we do, it's game on in terms of a late charge into the top 6.

COYR

Hamer

Bogle             Wisdom         Clarke       Forsyth 

Rooney        Bird

Knight                    Holmes                   Lawrence 

Waghorn 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I wasn't at the game yesterday but, why drop Hamer? Was he poor against Swansea? 

Second goal was a horrid goalkeeping mistake. Cross to the back post was overhit and going out for a goalkick but he reached a hand up and knocked the ball back into the middle of the area before falling over leaving the forward to put it into an empty net. Felt he should have done better with the first, though it was a decent strike. Hamer cannot play on Saturday (as it's against his club) anyway so Roos has to play then. I Like Hamer for his attitude but I think Roos is the better keeper so I'd bring him in to give him two games.

There is an argument to play Hamer because if Roos were sent off or injured then Ravas starts at the weekend.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Second goal was a horrid goalkeeping mistake. Cross to the back post was overhit and going out for a goalkick but he reached a hand up and knocked the ball back into the middle of the area before falling over leaving the forward to put it into an empty net. Felt he should have done better with the first, though it was a decent strike. Hamer cannot play on Saturday (as it's against his club) anyway so Roos has to play then. I Like Hamer for his attitude but I think Roos is the better keeper so I'd bring him in to give him two games.

There is an argument to play Hamer because if Roos were sent off or injured then Ravas starts at the weekend.

I agree about the second goal but not sure there was much he could about the first. You can’t drop a keeper (no pun intended) after one big mistake otherwise we’d probably changing keepers every game.

Overall, I much prefer Hamer to Roos and, if nothing else, I think you’ve made a compelling case for Hamer in your final paragraph.

20 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

The win at Brizzle City last season made me think we might actually go up. When the chips were down we showed our true strength and won 0-2. I thought I'd remind myself of that game at the end of April: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47994358

1057175645_2019BristolCityaway.thumb.JPG.a67b9b612af3cfc8fd9fb59e89f90bc4.JPG

Wow! Less that 10 months later we are playing with an entirely different team. At this point I'd say there are only 2 guaranteed starters from that last game in Lawrence and Waghorn. Bogle might make it 3. Roos and Malone could take it up to 5. Of the 18 unless Josefzoon is brought in from the cold or Tom Huddlestone springs up off his injury bed, only Jack Marriott will add to those numbers. Just 6 out of 18 players - that is the nature of the revolution being wrought at Derby.

Shinnie and Davies apparently had a good impact on the Swansea win (if the matchthread is to be believed). Do they stay in? After all, Martin had made a big impact in the prior games but was dropped. It's good that Max Bird is seizing his chance and playing well. Lowe's suspension is over. Is Fozzy capable of three games in a week? Will Marriott have a run? Will Sibley become a regular, at least on the bench, before the season's out? Ben Hamer is shortly to drop out because he can't play against his Huddersfield team on Saturday anyway. Does he make way for this, on a ground where Roos kept a clean sheet last season? I was surprised by Cocu today. For Wednesday I think we'll see:

Roos

Bogle     Wisdom     Clarke     Lowe

Bird       Shinnie

Holmes     Rooney     Lawrence

Waghorn

Subs:  Hamer Davies Forsyth Knight Sibley Martin Marriott

Love this post... Does show how much change has been forced upon Cocu and how much he has stuck to his mandate. 

Massive game.  3 points and the game is afoot... Defeat and we can really start to plan for next year. 

Can't argue with your team really. I still think Waghorn needs too many chances to score and has a terrible first touch so I would personally only play him wide. Then again Holmes has been great and Lawrence deserves another run out as he does have that spark on his day. Knight is unlucky to miss out as is Forsyth...nice to have options. 

1 hour ago, hope60 said:

Expect to see Whittaker, Knight Sibley and maybe even Bird playing on Tuesday night against Dortmund for the U19s.

Derby really are wanting to win that competition.

Sibley will almost definitely be in squad, probably Whitaker too. No chance Bird will be. Knight likely to be with first team too now he’s entrenched there

3 hours ago, hope60 said:

Expect to see Whittaker, Knight Sibley and maybe even Bird playing on Tuesday night against Dortmund for the U19s.

Derby really are wanting to win that competition.

Playing Bird in the under 19s instead of the Bristol game as Wolfie said would be completely wrong, the first team always has priority and rightly so.

Bristol are a decent side, they will want to bounce back, this will be tough make no mistake.

I fancy us for the draw and off the back of the Swansea that would be an excellent points haul from two tough games away games and definitely good reason for us to be looking up at the playoffs again.

Something is definitely building. This team is progressing, whether it will be enough for promotion this season - a very tough ask from where we are - but certainly it will position us well for next season.

City were shocking on Friday and haven't put in a convincing performance for a while. How we're still in with a decent shout for the play offs is purely down to three recent victories against the bottom three. 

However three excellent signings on deadline day should help, none have started yet but expect that to change after the Brum debacle. Oh and for the poster who mentioned we don't have a decent striker, one of those signings just won January Player of the Month. Hopefully he has brought his form with him and we can provide the chances! 

20 minutes ago, Gut_Reaction said:

City were shocking on Friday and haven't put in a convincing performance for a while. How we're still in with a decent shout for the play offs is purely down to three recent victories against the bottom three. 

However three excellent signings on deadline day should help, none have started yet but expect that to change after the Brum debacle. Oh and for the poster who mentioned we don't have a decent striker, one of those signings just won January Player of the Month. Hopefully he has brought his form with him and we can provide the chances! 

Just play Diedhiou, he always looks a world beater against us.

On 08/02/2020 at 18:29, OohMartWright said:

Greetings fellow Rams. Three more goals and a hard-fought away win mean that, like the bad penny, I’m back again. 2020 is  becoming the year of the Ram and I’m loving it. Next up is a trip to Brizzle, themselves challenging for a play-off place despite former Ram Andi Weimann heading into his own net last night.

Wednesday 12 February, 7.45pm kickoff.

Can we continue the momentum? Are the play-offs within reach? Do we dare to dream? Your thoughts, please.....

That was such a strange goal, free header nodded in past the keeper, he didn't remotely look like he was trying to head it either wide or over. 

Should be looking at this as a nothing to lose game really, put pressure on to win or go in thinking we should win and we'll probably slip up, but play our own game and the form book says we're very likely to get something from it. 

I’m heading south west for this on Cross Country as long as the weather settles. So far forecast is ok down there for Wed. Staying at sisters in Winterbourne near Bristol, her Bristol City neighbour is my lift to hers after the game so I don’t want us winning by more than three otherwise I’ll have to get a cab. Doing my homework for pre match drinks with ‘inside information’.  Very confident about this, we continue to improve, more to come from Our Mighty Rams. SSA! ?

7 minutes ago, SKRam said:

I’m heading south west for this on Cross Country as long as the weather settles. So far forecast is ok down there for Wed. Staying at sisters in Winterbourne near Bristol, her Bristol City neighbour is my lift to hers after the game so I don’t want us winning by more than three otherwise I’ll have to get a cab. Doing my homework for pre match drinks with ‘inside information’.  Very confident about this, we continue to improve, more to come from Our Mighty Rams. SSA! ?

Yeah, if we hammer them then get changed at the stadium and don't be airplaning around Bristol city centre in your matchwear like last time eh!

image.png.dde2b79b0197b0603bef0517f47d2e2c.png

41 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Yeah, if we hammer them then get changed at the stadium and don't be airplaning around Bristol city centre in your matchwear like last time eh!

image.png.dde2b79b0197b0603bef0517f47d2e2c.pngProper leg warmers though just the trick

Hamer

Bogle   Wisdom    Clarke    Lowe 

Bird   Rooney 

Waghorn       Holmes       Lawrence 

Martin 

This is my choice although Forsyth at left back would also be good.

Archived