v Bristol City (A) - Matchday Thread

OohMartWright

Two steps forward, one back.  I think that is going to be a feature of this season to be honest.  The trick is to accept it, stay calm, look at the bigger, long term picture and reflect on the fact that even the most negative fans have found some positives in recent weeks... let’s focus on those.  

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We’re really bad with set pieces. They’re loading the box and we’ve got no answer. It’s a shame, but you’ve got to give Lee Johnson his credit.

I’m impressed with our ability, but his ability to create favourable matchups and focus on our weakness has earned them a big three points. 

The fact we gave them such an easy corner to start off with, which Williams should have scored but managed to turn Lowe around and drag him along with him and win another corner from it, sums us up, because we all knew they would eventually score from it.

Do you think our players sometimes forget to think about what they are actually doing?.........basic stuff boys, basic stuff.

1 minute ago, Mckram said:

That’s just not true.

Also if you’re trying to say that goal was Hamer’s fault then that’s ridiculous. 

We should absolutely defend the cross better but it has landed in the six yard box and Hamer is nowhere near it

Not to mention the corner happened because of his flap at the previous corner, not sure why he gets treated differently to Roos because at best he is no better

Lowe's cross whips across the 6 yard box but no Derby attacker is moving on to it. Really poor from Waghorn and Martin there, gotta gamble on that. 

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

We’re really bad with set pieces. They’re loading the box and we’ve got no answer. It’s a shame, but you’ve got to give Lee Johnson his credit.

I’m impressed with our ability, but his ability to create favourable matchups and focus on our weakness has earned them a big three points. 

Does n't take a genius to work out how bad we are in the air, anyone can see it just by looking at the height of the team lining up added to the fact we don't track runners properly.

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

We should absolutely defend the cross better but it has landed in the six yard box and Hamer is nowhere near it

Not to mention the corner happened because of his flap at the previous corner, not sure why he gets treated differently to Roos because at best he is no better

It only landed in his 6 yard box because 2 of our players went for the same ball and missed their headers.

I’m not saying he’s an amazing keeper, but he’s the best option we’ve got. 

Archived