The new 'Josi'?

StarterForTen

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember being in a packed out terrace out the old bbg when Paul William scored a hat trick against villa in a cup game. One of which was a flying volley. Anyone else? The stuff of legend 

was only about 9 or 10. Me old man had to keep me held up on a step so I could see a tiny bit of any of the game. Don’t think me dad saw any of it!

6 minutes ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

Remember being in a packed out terrace out the old bbg when Paul William scored a hat trick against villa in a cup game. One of which was a flying volley. Anyone else? The stuff of legend 

was only about 9 or 10. Me old man had to keep me held up on a step so I could see a tiny bit of any of the game. Don’t think me dad saw any of it!

Ok apparently I imagined the hatrick! Just found the highlights and Phil Gee got the other 2. Right about that flying volley though, stunner. Forgot Shilton saved 2 pens as well and we still lost! 

9 minutes ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

Ok apparently I imagined the hatrick! Just found the highlights and Phil Gee got the other 2. Right about that flying volley though, stunner. Forgot Shilton saved 2 pens as well and we still lost! 

Was that the one with the phantom whistle blower?

38 minutes ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

38 minutes ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

The hatrick was against Southampton.

1 hour ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

20 minutes ago, Floppy Sausage said:

The hatrick was against Southampton.

I was certainly there for Josie scoring a hattrick aginst Southampton. What a cultured England U21 midfielder we had at the time, who somehow was turned or turned himself into a clogging centre half. No idea if he bagged three against Villa as well.

9 hours ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

Remember the game well.

Think we lost 4-3 or 5-4.

Jossi did get a hat-trick that season but think it was in a 6-2 victory over Southampton, our first game after relegation.

13 hours ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

He scored 3 in a 6-2 win v Southampton I the Div 1 ( pre Prem ) relegation season. Justin Phillips (rip) scored in the same game as I recall 

4 hours ago, Monkeytennis12345 said:

No, that was definitely Villa. Remember watching the highlights later that night and yelling at the TV. I'm sure they caught him as well. Long time ago, now.  

God knows why I thought it was West Brom, but you're right.

Archived