The new 'Josi'?

StarterForTen

I've just been re-watching the goals from Friday night and Jayden Bogle's finish for our fourth has brought back memories of a goal scored by another Derby full-back that led to the berth of a nickname.

Paul Williams played most of his career in midfield but started in Derby's first team at left back and (in a game that I can not recall the details of) ripped in a scorcher of a goal that, in itself, was reminiscent of the strikes the then Brazillian national team left back - Josimar - used to score.

Hence Paul Williams' nickname was born... Josi.

Could Bogle be 'Josi 2'??

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, StarterForTen said:

I've just been re-watching the goals from Friday night and Jayden Bogle's finish for our fourth has brought back memories of a goal scored by another Derby full-back that led to the berth of a nickname.

Paul Williams played most of his career in midfield but started in Derby's first team at left back and (in a game that I can not recall the details of) ripped in a scorcher of a goal that, in itself, was reminiscent of the strikes the then Brazillian national team left back - Josimar - used to score.

Hence Paul Williams' nickname was born... Josi.

Could Bogle be 'Josi 2'??

That's all we need! Someone to duck under the ball on the goal line.

Archived