Modern Life is Rubbish

sage

What things have been changed, replaced or updated and not for the better.

As an opening effort, after ruining Creme Eggs with Kraft chocolate instead of Cadburys Dairy Milk, they have now done the same to Cadburys Buttons. Like eating cooking chocolate.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, sage said:

What things have been changed, replaced or updated and not for the better.

As an opening effort, after ruining Creme Eggs with Kraft chocolate instead of Cadburys Dairy Milk, they have now done the same to Cadburys Buttons. Like eating cooking chocolate.

Since when.....??  

What's rubbish is the 'Match Attack' or however its spelt, cards that most kids seen to favour over Panini. 

They are expensive and form part of a game they never play, with random stats no-one understands and whilst they can be placed in a book they never do, instead they invariably end up scattered round the house, dog-eared and ripped.. 

Give me lovingly collected and stuck in one hypnotic, crack-level addictive book that can be carried round and never leaves your side. 

I concur, I watched Man U v Wolves at me sisters yesterday, they’ve got a 77” UHD telly and I couldn’t help thinking about the 18” Ferranti black and white telly (?) we had when I was a lad.  I still marvel at the flat screen, one of my favourite inventions ever.

Mobile phones, we managed ok before them, not you see people walking around with their head stuck in their phones, people have become that reliant on them that you can be having a conversation with someone, their phone pings and they just pick it up and check it...its made people rude.

And what about catch up tv, players, VOD and so on? I am the generation that remembers getting a video recorder when it was a newish thing, the joy of going through the radio or tv times (remember when you had to buy both?) and seeing what to record, then the joy of sitting down and watching it....having recorded it, and going to the video shop and renting a movie for the weekend, the family sitting down for movie night to watch the big movie....it was an occasion, not like today, it isnt the same anymore.

Or even pre video when the big film was on TV....The first showing of Jaws.....its was a proper occasion, the whole country...or at least thats how it seemed, sitting down to watch a film at the same time.

Cinema blockbusters, it was every now and again there was a huge movie, one that broke records especially, now Disney release one what seems like every month.....

Computer games, yes todays consoles or games on PC are so superior, but getting home with a new game for your spectrum or commodore 64, waiting as it loads, and playing the same game for months and months...

Christmas....as a kid barely being able to sleep for weeks before, really appreciating whatever gifts you got because you arent a spoiled little brat like a lot of kids are today who just get what they want when they want, not having that many presents on christmas day you forget who bought you what and discard one thing withing a couple of minutes because you have that many things to get to.

7 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Eyebrows were better back then. 

Honestly what is it with the eyebrows that women have today? Its not even just the young women...painted on and look ridiculous. Add some lips that make them look like some crazy mick jagger caricature.

I know its an age thing, but even if i was 21 i cant imagine myself finding it attractive.

31 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Christmas....as a kid barely being able to sleep for weeks before, really appreciating whatever gifts you got because you arent a spoiled little brat like a lot of kids are today who just get what they want when they want, not having that many presents on christmas day you forget who bought you what and discard one thing withing a couple of minutes because you have that many things to get to.

That’s not the fault of the kids. That’s the fault of the generation who raised them to be ‘spoilt little brats’.

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

That’s not the fault of the kids. That’s the fault of the generation who raised them to be ‘spoilt little brats’.

Not arguing with you there. Indeed it is.

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Honestly what is it with the eyebrows that women have today? Its not even just the young women...painted on and look ridiculous. Add some lips that make them look like some crazy mick jagger caricature.

I know its an age thing, but even if i was 21 i cant imagine myself finding it attractive.

Microblading 

17 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Don't tell me... Betamax?   Me too!  ?

Yes indeed.  Was better than vhs..we know why vhs won the battle

Archived