Free agents window

B4ev6is

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

free agents can be signed all year can't they? Theres some great players without clubs currently 

Can someone, because I can't be arsed, provide a list of possible free agents so we could discuss who would be good and then get pissed off when we don't sign any of them?

5 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

Can someone, because I can't be arsed, provide a list of possible free agents so we could discuss who would be good and then get pissed off when we don't sign any of them?

It’s okay the DET will post about twenty articles over the next week covering the same five players in each article. 

Personally I don’t think I’d be bothering bringing in any free agents, unless we pick up any major injuries we need to cover. Our primary focus now has to be on building a squad for next season which will be effective in the long term. There doesn’t tend to be many players who’ve been released in January that are suitable for the long term, they tend to be more short term solutions which we don’t really need more of. Sung-Yueng for example is an ok player who’d do a job for us until the end of the season if we needed a CM (Which we don’t), but he wouldn’t be a long term solution. 

We’re better off focusing on getting a head start on the summer window imo, by agreeing some pre contracts like the Te Wierik deal. That way we’ll at least have some players coming in at the start of the window who will get a decent amount of time to settle in, as well as reducing the work we have to do later in the window. We need a lot of incomings, so it’s best to start ASAP. There’s often some real bargains available on bosman deals but they won’t last long, so we need to looking at those deals right away. Te Wierik would be a good start, a couple more would be excellent. That’s where my focus would be.

1 hour ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

free agents can be signed all year can't they? Theres some great players without clubs currently 

Nope. I think the deadline is in March.

Free agents are rarely used in England but when the January window gets closed, it's basically a start of transfer dealings in many financially poorer leagues as there is good talent for free available.

Archived