v Northampton FAC4R replay - Matchday Thread

OohMartWright

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it’s anything less than 7-0 against these farmers I’ll be disappointed..... tinpot team with half a stadium.... we can’t be having L2 teams knocking around our gaff for long, let them have the day out and then talk about it twenty years from now about how Lawerence tore them a new one. Farmers 

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

If it’s anything less than 7-0 against these farmers I’ll be disappointed..... tinpot team with half a stadium.... we can’t be having L2 teams knocking around our gaff for long, let them have the day out and then talk about it twenty years from now about how Lawerence tore them a new one. Farmers 

stirring masterchef junior GIF by HULU

3 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If we play even remotely as well as we did on Friday we will hammer Northampton. Never that simple in the cup mind you. I expect a fair few changes.

I know your post is just making an assumption but what is the point in Cocu making Wholesale changes now at this point in the season? 

We have approx 21 matches left this season. (Depending on the cup run). I wish Cocu would just play the strongest side available per match, whoever we play.

We ain’t good enough and the players aren’t good enough to rest up. 

19 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

I know your post is just making an assumption but what is the point in Cocu making Wholesale changes now at this point in the season? 

We have approx 21 matches left this season. (Depending on the cup run). I wish Cocu would just play the strongest side available per match, whoever we play.

We ain’t good enough and the players aren’t good enough to rest up. 

4 games in 11 days. Plus a couple of the younger players (Sibley, Whittaker) may play vs Dortmund in the middle of that

For those of us far from Pride Park, I'm pretty sure Radio Derby has the rights for internet broadcasting in the FA Cup (either that or they forgot to turn off the feed last time).

It's very important financially that we win this game, so the team will be a blend of youth and experience. A home 5th round tie against Man Yoo helps significantly with the finances. Also, Rooney has made a difference and it would be grand for him to have the chance to stuff his old team at Pride Park for a place in the quarter finals.

My team would be:

Roos

Wisdom      Davies     Clarke     Malone

Bird     Shinnie

Marriott     Rooney     Sibley

Martin

Subs: Ravas Bogle Forsyth Holmes Knight Whittaker Waghorn

Loving the "farmer " quotes. Reinforces that we are a small team, from a small town, with a small ground. So we have nothing to lose against the big "City" boys. It really doesn't matter to us, win ,lose or draw, we've made some cash that will set us up for a while. I suspect we will make a fair bit of noise, might well out do you as it's looking like not too many of you fancy it. 

26 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

4 games in 11 days. Plus a couple of the younger players (Sibley, Whittaker) may play vs Dortmund in the middle of that

How funny a couple may play against Dortmund. Your gonna tell me next we may rest a few for the champions league last 16 later this month ? 

We don’t have the squad to rest players up the first match vs Northampton proved that. The 11 that got picked looked like they had never seen each other before. Remember?

5 hours ago, Cobb said:

Loving the "farmer " quotes. Reinforces that we are a small team, from a small town, with a small ground. So we have nothing to lose against the big "City" boys. It really doesn't matter to us, win ,lose or draw, we've made some cash that will set us up for a while. I suspect we will make a fair bit of noise, might well out do you as it's looking like not too many of you fancy it. 

Yes, that small town with a population of around 223,000 against the big city with a population of around 250,000! You should never be able to compete with a us on any level.

On 01/02/2020 at 06:59, OohMartWright said:

Well, well, well, whaddya know? After playing cobblers at the Cobblers and ducking things up at Luton we put in the performance of the season to stoke the Stokies at PP for the first time in over a decade. Next up is a chance to give our Wayne a chance to put one over his ole mate, so

Pride Park, Tuesday 4 February, 7.45pm kickoff, Rams v Northampton 

For those who haven’t yet bought a ticket, surely the performance against Stoke has earned your support at the next game??

Unchanged side for me, everything clicked and no reason why it shouldn’t do so again. Don’t want to get a “TL, DR” so over to you....

There is absolutely no reason on God’s bountiful planet Earth to change the side from Friday night; but I suspect change may be afoot...?

7 hours ago, Cobb said:

Most of those on here get that I’m on a wind up mate...... don’t take it to heart.... all the best ?

7 hours ago, Cobb said:

I would fancy your chances if I was you. . . Cocu will tinker and if you steal a march he’ll be hesitant in responding. It should be a fascinating evening. 

8 hours ago, Remy the hare said:

How funny a couple may play against Dortmund. Your gonna tell me next we may rest a few for the champions league last 16 later this month ? 

We don’t have the squad to rest players up the first match vs Northampton proved that. The 11 that got picked looked like they had never seen each other before. Remember?

Yet we did exactly that against Crystal Palace and beat them, one of only two away wins this seasons. Kind of debunks your theory.

Archived