v Northampton FAC4R replay - Matchday Thread

OohMartWright

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

So what do we think the crowd will be, apparently Northampton have asked for an additional allocation. 

I will go for 18,0000

With it being a replay to a lower league side I wouldn’t be surprised if it was as low as 12k. Can’t see it being higher than 16k either. 

Been on the Cobblers forum for a quick look, they’ll sell around 4-4.5k of their 5.3k tickets it seems. Should make for a good atmosphere if there’s a few in the South Stand which I’m hoping as we’ll be in there for this one.

i hope we pick a strong enough team, the money from the ManU game would be useful plus I think we could give this Man U team a decent game!

13 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Why?  He must earn his chance 

He cant earn it not making the bench, he is here for the rest of the season so why not give him the chance in a cup game against lower league opposition? He was on the bench vs Palace so must've earnt it then.

I personally think he can offer more from the bench than Whittaker.

3 minutes ago, AndyB said:

Been on the Cobblers forum for a quick look, they’ll sell around 4-4.5k of their 5.3k tickets it seems. Should make for a good atmosphere if there’s a few in the South Stand which I’m hoping as we’ll be in there for this one.

i hope we pick a strong enough team, the money from the ManU game would be useful plus I think we could give this Man U team a decent game!

Man Utd game has no replay either so I think we could take them to pens at least

As usual with any cup tie, this match cannot be underestimated. This is knockout football, it takes a different mentality and anything can happen, regardless of the quality of opposition that you’re faced with. Ironically, this game could potentially actually prove harder to navigate than the Man United game that could follow it - Northampton cannot be underestimated, the first leg showed us that. We know what they’re about, resilient old fashioned defending, and big lads up front that have the potential to cause chaos. They’re exactly the sort of team that clubs at our level often struggle against (us especially, as we saw with the first leg draw), so we cannot disrespect them with our lineup. I’d still make a few changes to keep everyone fit of course, given our busy schedule, but we still need a strong side out that’s got enough to handle Northampton, because it won’t be easy. Don’t want to see 11 changes and players nowhere near the side coming in - I’d just Swap out a few players who may struggle for fitness due to previous injuries/playing a lot of football, and leave a strong core of the side still together hopefully. Something like:

Roos

Bogle Davies Clarke Malone

Bird

Whittaker Shinnie Rooney Lawrence 

Marriott

I'm going with my Dad and Brother for this one -- bought tickets in the South Stand, block B lower thinking we'd snuck in and got ourselves good seats but I'm surprised to see so, so many seats available. I know it's only Northampton but I'm now thinking it'll be a bit subdued in there.

40 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

I wonder if Audrey will get a place on the bench? Be nice to see her get a few mins and see where she is in comparison to Whittaker & Trialist. 

Cup tied. Played for Tranmere vs Man Utd IIRC

14 hours ago, AndyB said:

That's certainly a load of cobblers. 

Archived