Max Bird

dazzadcfc

Just now, Animal is a Ram said:

If its the same as the Sky Sports video, then no on either of his contributions to either the first or third. There's a delicious drop of the shoulder in the build up to the first, and his interception is missed from the third.

Probably best waiting for the DCFC highlights on Youtube.

The DCFC highlights were up on YouTube yesterday,

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

Some of you are too young to remember Mel Sage, but a lot will remember. Those of us that lived through the lean years before Cox came and his first couple of seasons will remember the lack of quality of the players at that time. Head down. compete for the ball, boot it, head tennis and so on. But I remember Cox slowly improving the quality and going to see a pre season friendly, the first time I saw Mel Sage play for us. He was different to what we had recently been used to, you could see it straight away. Head up, looking for what to do with it. Calm on the ball. I knew the tide had turned and we were going places    

Off topic I know, but I thought I'd share it 

Quality Full Back was Mel. 

I believe Cocu will impress on the players the need to give yourself time .ie control , look ,move , execute .

Tom Lawrence is starting to reap the rewards and I love that  .

I also love the fact off topic I know how Lawrence is moving the ball in the air when shooting Rooney style  

Forgot to say I have always loved Wayne Rooney  

Pure class for England Everton and Man U and now DCFC can you believe it  

23 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Quality Full Back was Mel. 

I believe Cocu will impress on the players the need to give yourself time .ie control , look ,move , execute .

Tom Lawrence is starting to reap the rewards and I love that  .

I also love the fact off topic I know how Lawrence is moving the ball in the air when shooting Rooney style  

Forgot to say I have always loved Wayne Rooney  

Pure class for England Everton and Man U and now DCFC can you believe it  

You are a 60-something year old granny living in Walton and I claim my £5..........?

Until Max Bird I was never happy,

I needed so much more,

Someone to pass the ball in midfield, and screen the back four.

Now the cheers,

Allay my fears.

Sent to us from heaven, in our 1st eleven , Max Bird!

(Give him the 7 shirt next season for scanning reasons).

I want to see him pass the ball forward more. He’s taking the safe option too many times and going backwards when he could advance it.

Were not helped by our attacking three here - Lawrence, Waghorn and Martin are static players who make slick football hard to do as they don’t move into space but Bird is just a little too safe for me. One great assist for Knighty otherwise I want to see him effect play more aka George Thorne.

Hopefully as his development moves on and Rooney coaches/influences him this aspect will develop.

Its stupidly premature to be saying things such as England at this point in time.

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

We're not helped by our attacking three here - Lawrence, Waghorn and Martin are static players who make slick football hard to do as they don’t move into space but Bird is just a little too safe for me. 

Nope don't agree there at all - they're not picked out. Add Marriott in there as well.

Archived