Fans disappointment

JoeDerby

On 31/01/2020 at 16:57, JoeDerby said:

Most of us are feeling disappointed because of the lack of signings which is absolutely understandable. After all, the club have set us up to feel disappointed. 'We are going to do our business early', is the one that stands out he most. I do feel the club should have gone about thing's differently, i.e. we won't be doing any business and then anything else is a added bonus? Derby COUNTY PLEASE LISTEN.. DON'T GET THE FANS HOPES UP, IT WILL END IN TEARS.

Meh

I'd rather we got our first/second choice targets than desperately scrabble around at the last minute - I need to know that anyone we bring in is better than what we currently have

On 31/01/2020 at 17:45, Nuwtfly said:

You think the disappointment is bad now?

You wait until we lose tonight...

Well...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't say I'm disappointed at all. Got rid of some deadwood and added quality in the shape of Rooney.  Also signed two young ones with potential, what's not to like?

Even though we are lacking in depth in some parts of our team, overall we still have a big squad. Hopefully, the investment will be done before the next summer and we might actually start the season with (nearly) balanced squad. That would be the first time in ages.

11 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Can't say I'm disappointed at all. Got rid of some deadwood and added quality in the shape of Rooney.  Also signed two young ones with potential, what's not to like?

Even though we are lacking in depth in some parts of our team, overall we still have a big squad. Hopefully, the investment will be done before the next summer and we might actually start the season with (nearly) balanced squad. That would be the first time in ages.

I'm not disappointed - I've seen the bigger picture.

BUT, I can understand why people might be feeling disappointed. Told we were gonna do business early, a tall CB and flair on the wings was promised.

Although once we weren't able to bring our targets in, I'm glad the club has learnt it's lesson and not made any panic signings.

In terms of the fans kicking off, the result on Friday could not have been better timed. 

If we’d have lost there’d be an uproar. I do think the club could have come out and said something about the lack of business. If it’s the court case, delay in investment or targets just not available then it’d be nice to know. It’s prob all 3 but it’s clear that Cocu did want to add and for whatever reason, nothing happened. 

If we are waiting for the right players to be available then great. I think this season is pretty much h a right off anyway now. 

31 minutes ago, JoeDerby said:

I'm not disappointed - I've seen the bigger picture.

BUT, I can understand why people might be feeling disappointed. Told we were gonna do business early, a tall CB and flair on the wings was promised.

Although once we weren't able to bring our targets in, I'm glad the club has learnt it's lesson and not made any panic signings.

Who promised it? To try is one thing, to guarantee is totally another. Agree with no panic signings - nothing worse as we have learnt to our cost.

I was more disappointed with the signings of Anya Blackman and Butterfield because they were very expensive for what little I thought we would get out of them, I wasn’t sure what we would get from Camara and even Johnson who did at least try hard for his very expensive fee and wages.

meanwhile I believe we have effectively signed players this season to the first team - Wayne Rooney is the obvious one but Knight is now a first team regular in the starting 18 and max lowe has proved his potential to being a starting 18 player.

Archived