Fans disappointment

JoeDerby

Most of us are feeling disappointed because of the lack of signings which is absolutely understandable. After all, the club have set us up to feel disappointed. 'We are going to do our business early', is the one that stands out he most. I do feel the club should have gone about thing's differently, i.e. we won't be doing any business and then anything else is a added bonus? Derby COUNTY PLEASE LISTEN.. DON'T GET THE FANS HOPES UP, IT WILL END IN TEARS.

BUT, looking at the bigger picture, are we really going to be challenging for promotion this year? No. Any signings this month would be adding on to the wage bill for next to no reason (especially any loan deals). I know a new signing is always exciting for the fans but it could be a blessing in disguise this season to give our very talented youth very important minutes on the pitch.

Let's really get behind the young lads, I'm excited to see what Hector-Ingram can do. I'd like to see him given some time even as sub in the cup.

Up the Rams 

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cup..... And we can still play a huge part in spoiling the season for our ‘friends’ in Notts and Yorkshire. Life really is too short to decide to write off the season. I for one look forward to Derby County FC because it’s my club. It’s your choice to say you’re not bothered about this season. I am. Every season. Why wish away games. Complications off the pitch, yep, we know. Match day always excites me, including tonight. Love your club 

7 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Cup..... And we can still play a huge part in spoiling the season for our ‘friends’ in Notts and Yorkshire. Life really is too short to decide to write off the season. I for one look forward to Derby County FC because it’s my club. It’s your choice to say you’re not bothered about this season. I am. Every season. Why wish away games. Complications off the pitch, yep, we know. Match day always excites me, including tonight. Love your club 

I didn't start the 'season is over' line I was just repeating what lots are saying on the transfers threads in response to signing no-one much.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I didn't start the 'season is over' line I was just repeating what lots are saying on the transfers threads in response to signing no-one much.

Not a pop at you @RoyMac5 or any individual. Being positive has stood me in good stead over the years, I always have to believe. The transfer thread has plenty of comments about lack of signings, I would like to see a loan in at least, but will believe in the eleven starting tonight including one or two unpopular choices if Cocu decides it. Blind faith maybe but it’s how I have to approach every game. Third best home record, we are at home! Come On You Rams! 

5 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Not a pop at you @RoyMac5 or any individual. Being positive has stood me in good stead over the years, I always have to believe. The transfer thread has plenty of comments about lack of signings, I would like to see a loan in at least, but will believe in the eleven starting tonight including one or two unpopular choices if Cocu decides it. Blind faith maybe but it’s how I have to approach every game. Third best home record, we are at home! Come On You Rams! 

Yeah it's a good way to be, but it's a tough call when you've followed Derby a long time - afterall I/you've seen it all already. Although this season has had some neat twists. ?

Bit disappointing to be back to where we were under Clough Jnr, not quite the same but still similar. So it takes time to adjust to being naff again, but this time without as many good players or even a Barker or two! ? #COYR

26 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Not much to love about it at the moment though is there? Badly run from top to bottom, skint, facing a points deduction, piss poor squad playing god knows what style of football. I’d love to share your enthusiasm but I see nothing to get enthusiastic about sadly. 

Im not disappointed im glad we've not spaffed aload of money on Nick Blackman & Jacob Butterfield type signings. The only thing worse than no signings is signing & wasting money on crap. 

Were not going to go up. Were not going to go down. We've got the rest of the season to bring through the young lads & work on making some actual decent signings in summer 

No point in signing for the sake of it. 

On 31/01/2020 at 17:57, JoeDerby said:

Most of us are feeling disappointed because of the lack of signings which is absolutely understandable. After all, the club have set us up to feel disappointed. 'We are going to do our business early', is the one that stands out he most. I do feel the club should have gone about thing's differently, i.e. we won't be doing any business and then anything else is a added bonus? Derby COUNTY PLEASE LISTEN.. DON'T GET THE FANS HOPES UP, IT WILL END IN TEARS.

BUT, looking at the bigger picture, are we really going to be challenging for promotion this year? No. Any signings this month would be adding on to the wage bill for next to no reason (especially any loan deals). I know a new signing is always exciting for the fans but it could be a blessing in disguise this season to give our very talented youth very important minutes on the pitch.

Let's really get behind the young lads, I'm excited to see what Hector-Ingram can do. I'd like to see him given some time even as sub in the cup.

Up the Rams 

It was refreshing that Cocu stated honestly in the Radio Derby interview, that we failed to bring in the transfer target(s) due to financial constraints. 

On 01/02/2020 at 22:27, europia said:

It was refreshing that Cocu stated honestly in the Radio Derby interview, that we failed to bring in the transfer target(s) due to financial constraints. 

Honesty is key to a strong relationship between fans, management and board.

Archived