Rushian Hepburn-Murphy signed on loan for season (under 23s)

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not convinced we will sign this lad permanently myself. Didn’t really get enough game time before the lockdown to prove his capabilities. It’s a shame really, as he was highly rated and seemed to have decent potential, but I guess at his age you’ve gotta be seeing more than just potential really. I suspect we will focus more on signing a new winger for the first team, and leave Whittaker largely playing for the U23s next season so they won’t be left short.

Can’t see us signing him considering Archie, Wilson and Stretton making the step up from the U18s next season. I can’t see us recruiting someone who will block their progress and is less likely to make it in out first team. 
Whittaker, JML, Cresswell, Trialist and Shonibare are in the mix too... 

18 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Can’t see us signing him considering Archie, Wilson and Stretton making the step up from the U18s next season. I can’t see us recruiting someone who will block their progress and is less likely to make it in out first team. 
Whittaker, JML, Cresswell, Trialist and Shonibare are in the mix too... 

Might be the end of the road for Cresswell, Shonibare, Babos (and others?) and might be released on a free this summer like with others in previous years 

I think the above three are going on 22 and there seem to be more talented players coming through who are younger and closer to the first team 

Sad if I’m right because I’ve enjoyed watching them drag the 23s into a respectable team over the last three or four years 

1 hour ago, Jram said:

Might be the end of the road for Cresswell, Shonibare, Babos (and others?) and might be released on a free this summer like with others in previous years 

I think the above three are going on 22 and there seem to be more talented players coming through who are younger and closer to the first team 

Sad if I’m right because I’ve enjoyed watching them drag the 23s into a respectable team over the last three or four years 

Babos is 22, will be 23 in january

shonibare is 22 will be 23 in May

cresswell is 20 will be 21 in September 

34 minutes ago, FrostedRam said:

Babos is 22, will be 23 in january

shonibare is 22 will be 23 in May

cresswell is 20 will be 21 in September 

Its a shame about Cresswell, I really rated him until he got an injury and I think while he was out people came in and more than took his place, JHI for one.

2 hours ago, Jram said:

And RHM is 22 in 2 months time. We’d only be signing him to be a squad player, so why not keep Cresswell/Shonibare on for another to play the same role?

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

And RHM is 22 in 2 months time. We’d only be signing him to be a squad player, so why not keep Cresswell/Shonibare on for another to play the same role?

I guess it depends who you consider better 

having watched the 23s this season, while I rate cresswell and shonibare and think they’ll probably have a career in the lower leagues, I think RHM has more quality and would take him Over those two tbh 

I always like to follow the 23s who are released each season once they go 

I believe Vernam and Rawson have had decent seasons at their respective clubs ?

11 minutes ago, Jram said:

having watched the 23s this season, while I rate cresswell and shonibare and think they’ll probably have a career in the lower leagues, I think RHM has more quality and would take him Over those two tbh 

Rawson has been released I read the other day. 

Anyone who is 22-23 years old needs to be playing first team mans football. If they are not going to make it here it will be down the divisions. They will also be 2-3 years behind in their development than the 19-20 year old lads who have regularly played first team for their clubs in league one & two. 

17 minutes ago, Jram said:

Vernam is at Grimsby who by father in law and brother in law support... they say hes one of their best players. Pretty sure Rawson was let go the other day though? 

38 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I think it's more a case he has a deal lined up elsewhere.

I always rated Rawson so was surprised when they let him go

same with Max Hunt actually but it seems quite difficult for centre backs to break through. Can’t think of the last one Derby even got close to bringing through? Was Leacock academy?

21 minutes ago, Jram said:

I always rated Rawson so was surprised when they let him go

same with Max Hunt actually but it seems quite difficult for centre backs to break through. Can’t think of the last one Derby even got close to bringing through? Was Leacock academy?

We bought Leacock from Fulham.

Mark O'Brien was drafted in but played in the under 18s. Shame things didn't work out for him, I thought he was really promising.

There's Matt Carbon.

Then you're probably going back to Ticker Daniel ?

1 hour ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Vernam is at Grimsby who by father in law and brother in law support... they say hes one of their best players. Pretty sure Rawson was let go the other day though? 

I really rated Vernam and thought he'd make it at Championship level. Time yet i suppose.

Archived