Mike Te Wierik - Signed pre contract, joining in the summer

Kyle guest

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Pastinaak said:

Better looking than the other guy...

1074647247_Screenshot_20200130-185222_FM2019Mobile.thumb.jpg.6b86f0e1421c077b4029695550987e15.jpg

I was going to make a joke that his crossing is probably higher than most of our wingers, but I just checked and his crossing actually is higher than most of our wingers

Never heard of him, but I had a cracking Groningen save on FM once so I’m in! In all seriousness, Groningen are a pretty decent side in a good, technical league. To be their captain, in what appears to be a pretty strong defence, is no mean feat. He’s got pedigree, that’s for sure. You’d hope/ expect someone with his CV to come over here and be a pretty top quality player at this level, once he settles in. And if we can get the deal done now rather than the summer, we’ll be able to give him time to do so. On paper I’d say this is exactly the sort of deal we should be doing this window - he’s 27 and on a permanent - in order to start building a side ready for the start of next season. If we reckon he’s any good, get it done and give us summat to talk about please!!

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Never heard of him, but I had a cracking Groningen save on FM once so I’m in! In all seriousness, Groningen are a pretty decent side in a good, technical league. To be their captain, in what appears to be a pretty strong defence, is no mean feat. He’s got pedigree, that’s for sure. You’d hope/ expect someone with his CV to come over here and be a pretty top quality player at this level, once he settles in. And if we can get the deal done now rather than the summer, we’ll be able to give him time to do so. On paper I’d say this is exactly the sort of deal we should be doing this window - he’s 27 and on a permanent - in order to start building a side ready for the start of next season. If we reckon he’s any good, get it done and give us summat to talk about please!!

derby_countys_raul_albentosa_183721.jpg

8 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

derby_countys_raul_albentosa_183721.jpg

Thing is we signed him and he failed, largely due to bizzare fitness issues with his insoles, and that seemed to scare us away from foreign markets. Shouldn’t let the odd player not working out restrict our scouting range. Hopefully if we sign this lad it’ll signal a return to signings from abroad.

Who remembers the name Danny Buijs?

He’s currently the manager of FC Groningen. Clough was close to signing him for Derby in 2010 but the deal broke down and we went for Brayford instead.

Buijs then joined Kilmarnock as Bryson’s replacement! Funny how these things turn out.

12 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Thing is we signed him and he failed, largely due to bizzare fitness issues with his insoles, and that seemed to scare us away from foreign markets. Shouldn’t let the odd player not working out restrict our scouting range. Hopefully if we sign this lad it’ll signal a return to signings from abroad.

He also struggled alot with the move and adapting to England

Seem to remember his wife being pregnant and having to remain in Spain and that he couldn't speak a lick of English

3 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

He also struggled alot with the move and adapting to England

Seem to remember his wife being pregnant and having to remain in Spain and that he couldn't speak a lick of English

Exactly, very much an unusual case. And we still profited on him anyway, transfer fee wise! 

Archived