v Stoke (H) - Matchday thread

OohMartWright

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something a bit different but worth a try.

HAMER

WISDOM    DAVIES   CLARKE  

BOGLE   HOLMES     ROONEY    SHINNIE

KNIGHT

MARRIOTT   MARTIN 

ROOS, MALONE, FORSYTH, BIRD, LAWRENCE, WHITTAKER, WAGHORN.

Anyone have an injuiry update on Shinnie? God we need him back. I know Beilek is out for the season right?

Hamer

Bogle   Wisdom   Clarke  Malone

Bielek

Knight        Shinnie        Rooney

Marriott  Martin

4-1-3-2, my pick, it's a good job I'm not the manager :D. Bielek would be asked to drop back into a back 3 when Malone and Bogle push forward. Knight and Rooney providing width with a solid Shinnie switching it side to side.  Martin and Marriott up top, Marriott with the majority of leg work and Martin to link it all together. Just need a solid keeper ?

32 minutes ago, Topram said:

Hamer

Bogle Davies Clarke Wisdom

Bird

Knight  Holmes 

Rooney

Martin Marriott 

I would have Wisdom at right back and Fozzy at left to give us a bit of height.....otherwise would go with that, like to see Martin/Marriott partnership up top for a few games...…........

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I would have Wisdom at right back and Fozzy at left to give us a bit of height.....otherwise would go with that, like to see Martin/Marriott partnership up top for a few games...…........

Forgot about Fozzy, yeah I’d agree with that, wish Martin and Marriott get a proper run together 

Dear Phil, Wazzer & co,

Due to unforeseen circumstances, ie, Germany invading Poland in 1939, my fathers family were forced to leave the metropolis of California and head west along Uttoxeter New Road to pastures new. Despite having sheepshagging blood I found myself growing up in the neighbouring county of Staffordshire, tantalisingly close to the verdant lushness of Derbyshire, within sight of the verdure leafage of Doveridge and beyond to be precise.

While winning against the gumps is always No.1, followed by the dirties of course, I have a special plea to your good selves on this damp, miserable, last day of European fraternity, to deliver a veritable tonic to a few hardy souls who have braved the gobby, clayheaded, chipeateng hordes for many a year. For some reason, the aforementioned forces of darkness seem to think they are invincible due to winning a couple of games which has led to an out break of hysteria only matched by the epidemic currently engulfing the city of Wuhan in China.

Therefore, dear Phil and Wazzer, to ensure I can walk into work, nay, sashay into work, on Monday morning, may I implore you to play like demons tonight culminating with a splendid volley from your good self Wayne, to send the utch Rams back along the A50 pointing and laughing at the feral beasts from the concrete canyons.

Yours hopefully,

Utch.

It looks like I'll be all alone watching this one, on a Friday night, when some of the locals will stare aimlessly at the big screens in the pub showing Partick Thistle v Ayr Utd on BBC Scotland, whilst I'm all alone sat at a table for one, looking at the smallest TV, if I'm that lucky!, showing the Derby County v Stoke City game on Sky TV.

I'll be sat there all alone, wondering why the team I love, are about to fail to turn up again to play Stoke City. I can't remember the last time we gave them a proper doing, did we go to their place and knock them out of a cup? seems a distant memory.

Anyway it's a Friday night and the young kids of today will be out smiling, laughing and joking and enjoying being so young and free in Ma Cameron's pub in Aberdeen 

I'll be sat in the corner, on my own, starring into my pint, wondering, why, oh why............

But then again I could be whistling like a good un, getting down with the kids and Shawn Mendes and skipping out the bar.........

C'mon Derby let @uttoxram75 and all the rest of us whistle all the way home and all week at work!

Laugh at me if you want, but if he's not moving on, and no new signings are coming in, then I'd like to see us give Florian Jozefzoon another chance.

We're criminally short in the wide-right area and you constantly hear him being referred to (by teammates) as the quickest and most skilful player in our squad.

Why not give him that position and see if a run of games brings the best out of him?

I still remember thinking he should of been given more of a chance by Lampard after the impact he made when he came on in the play-off final. 

5 hours ago, Franks Tanked said:

Something a bit different but worth a try.

HAMER

WISDOM    DAVIES   CLARKE  

BOGLE   HOLMES     ROONEY    SHINNIE

KNIGHT

MARRIOTT   MARTIN 

ROOS, MALONE, FORSYTH, BIRD, LAWRENCE, WHITTAKER, WAGHORN.

Swap knight and Rooney 

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Laugh at me if you want, but if he's not moving on, and no new signings are coming in, then I'd like to see us give Florian Jozefzoon another chance.

We're criminally short in the wide-right area and you constantly hear him being referred to (by teammates) as the quickest and most skilful player in our squad.

Why not give him that position and see if a run of games brings the best out of him?

I still remember thinking he should of been given more of a chance by Lampard after the impact he made when he came on in the play-off final. 

Can he play as referee?..............then again..........

8 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Almost forgot there was a game tonight with all the frenetic transfer activity going on. Will all the new signings be paraded on the pitch beforehand? 

Apparently this was done earlier....

I have footage:

image.thumb.png.3959b0523f251007e62598a3b925bec5.png

Archived